Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know about all of your boxe's favorite toys.  Cooper's bday is on Wednesday, and he is in desparate need of some good, DURABLE toys!  As all of his Christmas toys but 2 have bitten the dust!  He has a kong, and his favorite Referee doggie doll, but any endorsements would be great!  Also, any ideas for a new bed he can't destroy?  We've gone through 4.  He LOVES them, but then one brief moment of boredom, and he turns on it!!  Thanks all!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Tennis balls...Tennis balls...Tennis balls...Tennis balls...Tennis balls...
Maddie loves them, but she also destroys them, so I have to keep a close eye on her with them!  8O  She also loves her cuz and her jolly ball. The cuz and the jolly ball are pretty indestuctable. She hasn't found a way to destruct them ..... YET!!!   :winkle:

·
Registered
744 Posts
My girls love anything that makes noise. I've found that the louder and more obnoxious a toy is, the longer it lasts. :lol:

Cuz's are good, they have a squeaky ball that is basically four tennis balls clustered together, and a squeaky football. All are favorites. Basically anything that sounds like a dying rabbit is the cats behind to them. :p

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
We used to use tennis balls in the pool with Buck and he loved them, but like Tootsie said, have to watch them..Squeaky toys are Samson's fav, and he will knaw away for hours trying  to get the squeak out of them...It's the noise, like Jess said...It may be annoying to us, but the dogs love it....

Samson isn't destructive at all, so I don't know what to tell you about a bed..He loves his new one that I got at Petsmart. It's got cedar shaving in it, so it keeps the doggie smell down and the cover comes off so I can wash it....If Cooper is that destructive tho, I'm not sure if that bed would be good for him or not....

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
BurningRiver\";p=\"2974 said:
My girls love anything that makes noise. I've found that the louder and more obnoxious a toy is, the longer it lasts. :lol:

Cuz's are good, they have a squeaky ball that is basically four tennis balls clustered together, and a squeaky football. All are favorites. Basically anything that sounds like a dying rabbit is the cats behind to them. :p
Noisey toys are banned from Jessie and Maggies houses... lol... especially Maggies, cause my sister has a 2 month old... Shes got about 5 ropes that she plays with.. and tennis balls that she completely shreds to bits... or just a regular rubber ball

·
Registered
74 Posts
Soloman has chewed through many toys and we have found some that have held up well. The CUZ is great he loves the squeak that it makes. We have had great luck with the toys made from fire hose in the past. He also loves the 99 cent squeak toys from Wal Mart that are made from latex/rubber and look like monsters. I watch him with these but so far he just loves to mouth them and make them squeak.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I bought Cactus a bag of pig hooves.... he has yet to chew through one yet.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I think that the best toys by far are kongs! They are brilliant tough, bouncy toy on their own, but they are even better stuffed with goodies like biscuits, peanut butter and soft food and to make them last even longer you can stick it in the freezer for a while. Kongs keep Daisy good for hours on end!
Daisy is also a sucker for squeaky toys but she does destroy them fairly easily if hey aren't tough enough. Her cuz is lasting well and she loves it. I got her a bad cuz with the little devil horns on and she hasn't even tried to gnaw the horns off yet! It can only be a good thing!

Heather

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry likes the loofa dog.  We got a 18" yellow one.  It's his baby, he loves it.  He also likes a ball that blinks when it rolls around; it was expensive though.  As for the bed, we had a dog that loved to destroy his bed!  We had to take it away from him during the day.  I don't remember where we got it, but online somewhere is a "puppy-tough" indestructable bed.  He was not able to tear it up.
Good luck!
Zhanna

1 - 9 of 9 Posts