Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I have a white boxer she just turned 2 I need some advice on protecting her from the sun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
I'm gonna say ...every dog is different?? But hat said ... my Struddell was also a White Boxer and we live in the high desert of NV. And in the summer ... it gets uh hot!!! And I would actually have to tell her to stop laying on the freaking concrete and quit sunbathing at high noon!!!!

And despite that silly behaviour ... she never had any issue with sunburn??? Now it make have been just her but just because your dog is white, does not automatically mean you will have a sun burn issue???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Her poor ears get red as a tomato!! I got doggie sunscreen but it doesn’t seem to do any good!! She loves being outside!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Our girl is a white boxer too and she pinks up when she's outside but I think it's because she's warm and not sunburn. I just don't think we notice it with dogs of darker color. As soon as ours comes in, the pinkness goes away. We have sunscreen but we haven't used it yet.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Our girl is a white boxer too and she pinks up when she's outside but I think it's because she's warm and not sunburn. I just don't think we notice it with dogs of darker color. As soon as ours comes in, the pinkness goes away. We have sunscreen but we haven't used it yet.
Mm thanks for the tip (no pun intended.) :)

I never noticed that with my Struddell, as she never seemed to have a problem. Ironically my Tii Color Band Dawg did get sunburn on his nose???

But as they say ever dog is different. Chewy, has a crap load of Sun Burn stuff if the OP finds the need for it.

https://www.chewy.com/b/sunscreen-2452

You can't use the people stuff cause most likely dogs will lick it off?? And just because there Boxer is White ... does not necessarily mean they will have a SunBurn issue, but it's best to keep an eye out for it. :)

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Yes our boy will get all red around his nose when he is too warm. Not sunburn just red.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts