Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dogs are asleep, Husband is asleep, house is clean, laundry all done, folded and put away......just poured a glass of wine which will put me to sleep in an hour!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wine however is not that nice.   My husband was in the dog out last week.  Though buying me a bottle of 120.00 wine was going to get him out.   So I open it the other day, and its really gross.  Dont have the heart to tell him he could have bought 6 of my fav wine for the price, but I am putting it down one glass a night to make him happy.   However its been tough.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wow, a bad bottle of 120 dollar wine, I'm sorry that stinks.  Is it a red?  I love merlot, pinot noir, carmenere, syrah, etc.

·
Registered
359 Posts
LOL...We are drinking wine tonight as well...that is funny though about the 120.00 bottle of wine...I just read a story the other day about a company that did a survey about price vs taste of wine...And they lied to people about the price of wine and people actually thought that the cheapest wine was the best tasting thinking it was about a 100.00 a bottle...it was very interesting!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its red and a BOLD Cabernet.   My fav expensive wine is Opus One, but this is 1999 Ridge California Monte Bello - its a tough glass to take.  My fav is Michael Pozzan red Blend.  I wish I could trade this in for a bottle of that - ha ha ha ha.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I love a good carmenere, my friend owns a winery in Washington (Merry Cellars) so we drink a lot of his wine.  I also love the Guenoc winery in California.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We want to go to Cali to do a vineyard tour, but that could be dangerous.  Right now we only have one vacation planned in October - back to Cabo.   Next year I want to go see Atibox in Spain.  Thats the European big boxer show.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I love Cabo, I've never been to Spain.  Last summer Dylan and I went to Italy, France, and England.  This summer we're going to St. Martin.  Next year hopefully Greece (crossing my fingers!)

Northern California is beautiful and fun to visit.  My brother lives in San Fran, so I keep meaning to get down there.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah we went to Cabo in Oct, bought into a condo there, so hence why we are returning.   We will go with another couple so it will be fun.  Never been overseas but cannot wait:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
My mom and a bunch of her friends went to the cali wineries tour...rented a limo which with 5 ladies it ended up not being too pricey...so they could enjoy each winery and not worry about driving.

We just got back from Mexico in Jan loved every minute of it...then again we hadnt seen in each other in 15 months lol....

My husband went to Spain (he traveled a lot in college)  and he said it is gorgeous you wont want to come back!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts