Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that white boxers need sunscreen in the summer.When I ask my breeder ,she looked at me funny and said NO!What do you think?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I say yes!!!!  if they will be in the sun for long period of times they will burn....The best thing is to protect the belly, nose and ears with sunscreen....It is harder on the body to get it past the fur.  I am sure an owner of another white babe may have some ideas!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i say yes... i think they even make doggie sun screen, but i know once it starts getting really hot and sunny out i will be putting it on Dungy

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I would like to go with the one for dogs..Anybody knows store or website?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
We learned the hard way to be careful on bright, sunny, snowy days too. Poor Blitzen was hot-pink a couple weeks ago from just a little while in the sun and snow. 8O

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
we use it b/c of the reflection off the water and her skin...we dont buy any special doggie sun screen though to me thats a waste of money since its the same as peoples..

we buy water babies spray..its not aerisol its a pump...and really does work GREAT ! make sure you get the insides of ears if floppy b/c they are sensitive..well isis's flip up and will burn

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"101917 said:
we use it b/c of the reflection off the water and her skin...we dont buy any special doggie sun screen though to me thats a waste of money since its the same as peoples..

we buy water babies spray..its not aerisol its a pump...and really does work GREAT ! make sure you get the insides of ears if floppy b/c they are sensitive..well isis's flip up and will burn
I was hopping you give me advice,you sure have enough sun where you live,thanks

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awww i never mind answering anything that i can help with..anytime you need something just pm me...my office is at my house..im on and off all the time..id be glad to help you out anyway i can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts