Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , my dog was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good supplements to use. He is currently on a raw cancer diet . Thanks

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You are starting out well with feeding raw and following a cancer diet. Are you feeding only meat.bone and organs or are you feeding any vegetables or fruits?
When my Gouda had Lymphoma I concentrated on boosting her immune system with various herbs and supplements - Astragalus, medicinal mushrooms(maitake, reishi, turkeytail, cordyceps and there are other you can try). I also used Milk Thistle, ginger root, licorice root coconut oil, raw apple cider vinegar and a few other things but those were the main ones. Bone broth is also very good. There are a lot of different cancer fighting vegetables. Have you joined any Facebook groups for dogs with cancer? There are many good ones out there with a wealth of information. Let me know if you need any help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has raw meat I try to do a lean one with the organs as well if available. I give him some kind of green veggies spinach , kale, broccoli, green beans & a carrot with cottage cheese or yogurt. I give him fish oil at the moment. I was going to add some more supplements soon I was thinking milk thistle, vit c,d, turmeric, chai seeds and this green juice that's supposed to boost immune system and is a detox too. Someone on the hollistic group u recommended to me actually recommended that to me. There are just so many different supplements it's hard to know where to start. Next step is to find a hollistic vet lol.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yes its very overwhelming at first trust me Ive been there! Just research as much as you can and make an appt with a holistic vet and an oncologist. I wouldnt be comfortable with my regular vet recommending any type of treatment, I just dont think they have enough experience to treat any type of cancer its not their expertise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts