Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! It’s been a while :)

I bought Frontline on amazon, and all was fine until I noticed part of the label was blacked out with a sharpie. I managed to take it off with rubbing alcohol but now I’m worried why they crossed it out? I looked up how to spot fake flea medicine (serial numbers match, correct packaging, etc) but is there a way to look up a lot number? Maybe it’s a bad batch? Or old? Not sure. I attached the number, let me know if you know how to track it!

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Hi all! It’s been a while :)

I bought Frontline on amazon, and all was fine until I noticed part of the label was blacked out with a sharpie. I managed to take it off with rubbing alcohol but now I’m worried why they crossed it out? I looked up how to spot fake flea medicine (serial numbers match, correct packaging, etc) but is there a way to look up a lot number? Maybe it’s a bad batch? Or old? Not sure. I attached the number, let me know if you know how to track it!

Thanks!
Found this online

Compare the lot number on the package to each individual applicator within the package; they should match.
Find the instruction pamphlet. Frontline Plus comes with them and the fake packages may not. The pamphlet includes how to use the product, how to store the product, warnings for the pets and humans, and more.
Check to see if the applicators are child-resistant. There should be instructions on how to open the product.
Compare the packaging and applicators you brought home (or received in the mail) to ones you’ve used in the past to see if they look the same. Is the writing in English? Is there an EPA registration number? A statement warning you to keep the product out of the reach of children?
Is the name Merial on the packaging – this is one thing that my girlfriend pointed out – last summer when she was struggling with fleas monthly – she can’t recall seeing Merial on the packaging. She thought it was something new they added this year. Nope.
This is just a summary of what I’ve read. If you have flea and tick treatment that doesn’t seem to be working, it could be because fleas are developing a resistance in your area (as I’ve recently heard) or it could be that you ended up with a fake product.
If you’re suspicious, go to your vet’s office and ask them to help you do the comparison.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response! All the numbers match up and I called frontline and they said everything seemed fine with the packaging/numbers and they couldn’t speculate why the seller would do that.

Thanks again for the help, those articles were helpful!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts