Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a State Park today (Canoe Creek in PA) and took Mia and Toby because it was SOO hot out! Well of course my flounder, Toby, got in and swam around like a lunatic but Mia got in too!!! She went in up to her chin and barked because she wanted to come out farther with us!! I have another tadpole in the making! I totally forgot my camera! Should have taken pictures!! She got sooo muddy and dirty there but they enjoyed it! She's pooped and sleeping now! We may go back up tomorrow and I'll have to get pics then!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lola is a swimmer.  Its helpful that my neighbors boxers and a good friend's lab are Lola's best buds and she follows them wherever.  She started off just going chest deep but I carried her into a pool and aimed her towards the steps and she paddled right to them.  Then she kept coming back for more and more (this was 3 weeks ago BTW).  Now she jumps right in to either the pool or the lake and swims all over the place.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I could just picture her in the water!  I wish Roxy would go in.  I brought her and Astro to the doggie beach in Manasquan and Astro was a little hesitant but did go in for about 2 minutes and I took Roxy in and directed her to the shore, she started to swim but her head went under water so I picked her head back up and helped her out of the water.  She won't even go near water now except her water dish.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I can just picture Mia barking at the water...She wanted to be with everyone else, how cute is that...Good for her just jumping in and having a go at it...That will definitely wear her out and great exercise too..Shame on you for forgetting your camera  :lol:

·
Registered
780 Posts
I wish we had started Ziggi earlier in the water.  I bet Mia was adorable in the water!  We have been working with Ziggi for three weeks now on getting in the pool, he really wants to get in but sinks like a rock every time....even with his life vest on he is just so front heavy.  So we have to still support him and keep his head out of the water.  Teaki gets in (with a little help) and can swim fine....just wish Zig could since he is the one who needs the exercise!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She's REALLY front heavy too!!! We got her in the pool because its absolutely hot here and I wanted to cool her down. She has no concept of the doggy paddle! LOL Its hilarious! So beaches will be her thing.. We're going to go up again this weekend and I'll make sure I remember my camera!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts