Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie is 6 months old and I want to swith her from natures recipe puppy to natures recipe venison and rice. If im staying with the same brand of food is it necessary to slowly introduce it. It seems like since its the same food with a few different ingredients , it would be the same as mixing 2 different foods.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
If I switch diff "flavors" I usually just do it. But thats with my dogs! Im sure others will have diff opinions!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
every dog reacts differently to changes, but I think it would be best to at least mix half and half and see how she does...Samson has always done fine with "cold turkey" changes, but Angel doesn't, so I always change slow

·
Registered
441 Posts
I used to try and mix in the new slowly but then....I gave up. Maddy will just pick out the new food and eat it(which wouldn't be so bad if she left the old stuff in the bowl, i guess...but no) So then I just end up with dog food all over the floor! She has also taught Baxter to do the same! I do agree though that mixing in the old is a great idea...it just doesn't work for me :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts