Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Yesterday morning I noticed that the back of Lola's left ear was swollen and red, she was scratching at it too.  The night before she had been playing with my cousin's dog, so I thought maybe he had scratched her ear or they were rolling around in the grass and bushes so maybe she scratched it on something.  It seemed to have went away, then last night I noticed that it was on both ears.  The back of both ears were swollen, red and looked sore.  Last night I brought her to a park and she was running around and playing in the grass for about 2 hours.......could she have allergies and why would it only be her ears?  I called the vet and made an appointment for tomorrow, however, I just went home to let her out and both ears looked fine again.  Does anyone know what this could be?  I was going to cancel the appointment, but I don't know if I should just bring her in as a precaution.
Thanks!  :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
It sounds like mosquito bites.  That happens to Lilly when she gets mosquito bites.  Take your pup in to the  vet though...just to be sure...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip!  I was swatting them off her last night.....and she was running after them trying to eat them!  They got pretty bad so we had to leave the park.  I use Frontline on her....should I change to something different you think?  I thought she wasn't suppose to get bit?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Not necessarily...Something else you can do is spray a solution of Nepetalactone Type Catnip Oil on your dog (avoid the eyes) and carefully wipe it on her ears and face.

This type of Catnip Oil has been found, in scientific studies, to be 10 times more potent than DEET and, as a natural remedy, far less harmfull for us AND our dogs.

Just a suggestion...

Liz and Lilly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts