Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’ve come back from work to find my boxer with a swollen eye lid, just on the right eye. He is 7 years old and rescued from an abusive household, because of this he is aggressive and stresses out at the vets. I’ve asked them to look at photos, but they won’t do it and insist on seeing him. I’m hoping it’s a reaction to something as he’s ok in himself. I’m also hoping someone on here can just settle my mind when seeing it
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Whiskers

Dog Eye Dog breed Carnivore Working animal

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone for your replies. His swelling started to reduce yesterday and today it’s back to normal. As suggested above, we’re hoping it was a reaction to something or a sting on his walk. It’s such a shame he is the way he is. We have to muzzle him when we go to the vets and hold him tightly, making it near impossible to examine.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
That’s a shame about going to the Vets that’s one of the first things I teach my dogs is to behave at the Vets. I know he is adopted so you didn’t get that chance but I’m wondering if you have a really good relationship with your Vets if they would be willing to let him “visit” regularly and have one of the staff be nice to him and treat him when he comes in with nothing bad happening to him. I know most Vets probably wouldn’t do this especially in this time of virus but some would for good clients

1 - 6 of 6 Posts