Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 year old girl since last night I have noticed this. I'm not sure what you truly refer to this area as so I attached a picture I had of her a few months ago that shows the area in question how it normally looks versus today. First picture is her normal and second is today of same angle.This has came up really quick and out of no where and wanted to post this before taking her to the vet tomorrow thanks so much in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Hmm I don't know but I do know that you need to wash their toys and bowls everyday well their bowls everyday in hot soapy water rinsed well, or they will get pimples or odd things on their mouth.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'd have the vet look at it personally since there are so many different types of 'bumps' boxers can get.

One of our boys had a pink spot in his lower jowls, similar to this, but it was only one bump. We were told they can get pimples and/or in-grown hairs. She had us use some benzoyl peroxide lotion a few times a day and it cleared up.

We do wash their bowls and toys more frequently, and use stainless bowls. Some people wipe around the mouth after eating to help prevent issues.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Lindar51- I know what you mean. Our two older boys aren't bad, but our puppy- poor thing has bigger jowls and a much longer tongue. He's not messy after eating- probably because his tongue wipes the food well, but after he drinks water they hold a bit. He's got us a few times after drinking. It's similar to how they are if they've had a minute or two to build up some drool with bubbles.
I'm sure you can relate!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 3 year old girl since last night I have noticed this. I'm not sure what you truly refer to this area as so I attached a picture I had of her a few months ago that shows the area in question how it normally looks versus today. First picture is her normal and second is today of same angle.This has came up really quick and out of no where and wanted to post this before taking her to the vet tomorrow thanks so much in advance

Hello

Do you mind me asking if you discovered what this was on your dog? My golden retriever has come up with the same thing this last week and now has a similar spot on his tongue. With coronavirus I can only take him to the vet for an emergency so was interested to see what your vet said?

Many thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts