Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems there are variations in tail length from boxer to boxer.   Is there a standard for tail length?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
The only "standard" I have seen is that they should be set high, docked, and carried upward.
I dont know if the wording of "docked" is even still used since they can have a full tail :)

There are many lengths and all depends on who was doing the cutting :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first boxer Altlas had a littlle stub, my 1 year old Junior has about a 3 1/2 - 4 inch tail :think:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
As Sharon said it all depends on who is doing the cutting and what the natural tail is like.
Phoenix's sister has a longer stub than her and one of her brothers is shorter.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Maggie's tail is very short... Jessies tail is about 3inches, maybe a little more!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hot dog. That's too funny. Eddie has a hot dog too, Lenny barely has anything.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I always thought Harleigh's was docked too short. It doesn't even cover her "hole" when she tries to tuck it between her legs when she is in trouble. It's funny to see

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The US standard actually penalizes an undocked tail, but length of dock is not specified.  The average seems to be about 4" in show lines.  The Australian/NZ standards state the tail should be no more than 2" long; of course in most (maybe all) of Australia the choice to dock has been taken away, but the standard has not been changed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cooper's looks like a little kick-stand when he sits.  I haven't measured it, but it's probably about 3".

·
Registered
19 Posts
My white pup is a bit on the long side, probably about 3-4 inches.  It looks so cute when he carries it up high, makes him look proud!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Maggie's is 3 1/2 inches long and Herbie's is 3" long and when they are mad they look like fried twinkies.....LOL

·
Registered
236 Posts
Acie's is just a short fat little stub! I haven't measured it but if I had to guess I'd say it's about 1 1/2- 2 inches long. It's sooo cute when he tries to wiggle it! Kinda just twitches around! :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts