Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a lingering question that ive always thought about.. Tinkerbelle has a much longer tail than most boxers ive seen.. Its almost like it wasnt done right?
Ill post a picture of her tail for you to see. Is that jsut weird?

Also. Just to pick your guys' brains. Maddy as you might see in the older gallerys, she has some skin condition, that the vets said wasnt mange, i guess?  Well, we went on vacation so we had to board them at a kennel.  :(  But when we got back.. Maddy had all her hair back :?   Now after a week of being home.. its starting to bald again?! Any Thoughts?

Thank Ya

·
Registered
508 Posts
hhhhhhmmmmmm... Thats odd about the skin condition. I dont know much about that kind of stuff but Zeus had started getting bald spots when he was younger and the vet had given me some special shampoo that costs $20 and is medicated to help dogs that are losing hair. It worked really well and now after a flea shampooing i shampoo them with oatmeal shampoo for their coats. The shampoo was green but with an offwhite bottle i believe.

And the tail thing, ive seen longer docked tails and ive seen really short docks which Zeus' tail is a little nub which i wouldnt even call it a tail it is so short :lol: . But she looks gorgeous i wouldnt worry about it, its all in preference.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
This actually sounds like an envirnmental issue.  Find out what the boarding kennel cleans with and compare it to what you use.  I had the same issue with my GSD/Coon Hound mix.  Come to find out it was a cleaner I used regularly and my laundry detergent.

Strange, I know, but as soon as I elminated/changed those issue, his hair grew back.

As for her tail...Lilly's is tail is docked really long too.  I think it's cute, but as someone else said, "It's just a matter of preference."

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I had to change laundry detergent because of my skin kid.  What I was using would cause itchy red bumps all over.

Henry's tail is about 3 inches long!  I guess it doesn't matter too much. :wink:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
The skin issue does sound like something you are using at home. It could be so many things. I would start with soaps or do you use anything on your floors? Carpet Fresh or anything like that? Was she eating the same food she normally does at the kennel?
As far as the tail length, it does vary. I always heard it should be as long as your pointer finger, but that doesn't hold true at all. Maddie's is docked long also.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
It was a food that caused Kiah loss of hair.  Did they feed a different food or did you bring yours?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts