Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get it. Some of you are going to be 100% against my inquiry. I'm not talking to to you.

For those of you who have taped your dog's natural ears, I'm curious at what age did you start? What kind of tape did you use? How often do you have to re-tape them?

My little guy, Jäger, has his adorable floppy, puppy ears going on that laid perfectly... but I noticed yesterday that one of his ears started doing the "bat-wing" thing. I'd like to keep it from taking hold and keep the awesome forward floppy ears going as he rapidly grows these next few months.

Advice of your own experiences and techniques welcomed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Use Blue painters tape, and tape them under the chin.. Check out on the net German Boxer taping.
You don;t want flyers, if your pup has stiff cartlege you will have flyers .
I have a show quality pup that I did not want to put under for her crop.. now I'm looking at flyers for all my life... good thing she's the most loverble Boxer I ever had. If your doing a crop it should be done between 9 and 14 weeks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have only ever had 1 boxer (the one I have now) and just out of curiosity could you post a pic of the "fly away" ears you're talking about not wanting vs the kind of ears you do want?
I just am completely clueless as to what people mean when they talk about the wonky ears vs ones they want to see on a boxer. Again, I don't care which kind my girl has, I'm just curious about it.
Thanks! 🙂

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Basically like in my avatar. Only time his ears go like that are when he is breathing heavy and you call his name. All other times they lay flat

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Put me in the "seriously confused over fussing with Natural Ears camp???" I have never seen a Bat Eared Boxer or Boxer/Cross??? I suppose it could happen??? But I have never seen it??

So I don't get it??? The fussing with natural ears??? I'd reserve that bother for a Dobie or a Dogo with a crop, myself. I'm not saying the taping for natural ears is not a thing but ... I don't get it???

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I didn't tape Kai's ears since they were natural I figured they would settle down on their own, which they did. They were a little wonky while he was teething. Cropping is a different story but hey whatever works I have heard of it. Hope you get the look you want .

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I didn't tape Kai's ears since they were natural I figured they would settle down on their own, which they did. They were a little wonky while he was teething. Cropping is a different story but hey whatever works I have heard of it. Hope you get the look you want .
LOL Struddell was my first girl dog period! And she was so nutty crazy and pigged headed that her ears were the east of my concern!

I did think I wanted her ears "Cropped??" But at the time the breeder said it was $750, for a proper Boxer crop and you have to do the taping and whatever as follow up?? So you know screw that, it was just a thought.

And in retro sepc ... natural ears were the right choice for her! A more "Regal Look" ie "Cropped" just would not have been her?? She was just not that kinda dog?? Docky and Floppy was just picture perfect for her. :clap2:

But I don't know, if we narrow the scope to Confirmation??? Then" how" to tape becomes more important, rather than??? And to be fair "How" was the original question. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts