Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pick up some raw at lunch and was talking to the guy at skipton petcenter.   Talked about kibbles and how I ordered the Taste of the Wild Salmon.  He said they just got it in!!   Now we are talking.   Yep, I guess Timberwolf is increaing their prices by 14% and he said he ordered this food because its comparable.

So anyone wanting to try it, their 30lb bag is I think $41.00, they also deliver.

www.skiptonpetcenter.com

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
That's crazy, I just went down to J&M k-9 training in brockton (awesome store, they have every brand that gets mentioned here) to pick up my first bag of Timberwolf Ocean Blue, and I couldn't believe how expensive it is compared to Canidae.  It's 10 bucks more than Canidae, and the big bag is 4 ounces less.  I saw the Taste of the Wild and I took notice because I hadn't heard it mentioned around here.  I've never been to this Skipton place.

Merrick also has a Trout kibble which was really cheap there, I haven't heard anyone mention it here.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skipton is prettty big - has a lot too - I go there for my premade raw - prices are better than on the South Shore.   Yep, Timberwolf can get pricey, mainly because you are paying for a grainless kibble.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They also have some good frozen stuff like treats, as well as tons of raw knuckle and marrow bones.   Even if you are not on a raw these are good recreational bones.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I opened up the bag of Timberwolf and I was blown away with the freshness and the smell of fish.  Oggie devoured the little bit I mixed in with his usual Canidae.  So yeah, I don't feel bad paying for that.  He needed a change and he loves seafood.

I'm looking at the Taste of the Wild website, the flavors sound pretty good.  Would like to try the Smoked Salmon and the Bison/Venison mix.  Anyone tried or heard about these?

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only think with their other flavors is too high protein for the little guys!  Hence why I stick with the fished based.   I cannot wait until I can rotate flavors with K-Man.   Hanna is almost 2 so she is fine but 35% (which I think they may be) is too high for the k-Man!

Yes, nice and fresh, my dogs eat it up like candy!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
You're right, I'd just stick to the salmon.  I've read that Bison meat has one of the largest percentages of protein of any meat, so the high protein amount makes sense.  But yeah, 36% is too high for puppies.  I'm not sure what dog needs that much protein to be honest.  Timberwolf has some flavors that are over 30% protein as well.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, most of all others that are grainless are too high (above 30) that is why I selected the Ocean Blue.  26% is as high as I would go for a youngster in protein.   Could push 28% but that is my max.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i wish i could find this at a decent price in ontario where i live but even Canidae is $60 for a 40lb bag after taxes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts