Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started Bosco on a new food last week.  He absolutely LOVES it!  It's called Taste of the Wild.  I highly recommend it.  Bosco previous food didn't sit well with him and he constantly vomited.  Just thought I'd pass this on for anyone looking to switch their boxers food.

Ingredients:  (For Pacific Stream Canine Formula with Smoked Salmon)

Salmon, ocean fish meal, sweet potatos, canola oil, salmon meal, smoked salmon, potato fiber, natural flavor, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatos, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Saccharomyces, cerevesiae fermentation solubles, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron protainate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, sinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitaminA supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

A GRAIN-FREE DIET!  No Corn, No Soy, No By-Products!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I think Heather was telling me about that food, it sounds great!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
After Heather talking about it I decided to try it after Kiah had been on her other food for 6 months, so I bought a small bag tonight to phase Kiah over to it.  Keep your fingers crossed for us or this bag will go to the local rescue too.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I wanted to try that but I haven't heard of anyone on here using it so I might give it a try in the future!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Its rather new, but a parallel food IMO to Timberwolf Organics just have the price.  If you have a dog under two, stick with the salmon formula, if over two then can do the game and venison ones.   I love it, great food:)

G

·
0 Posts
I would love to try it..maybe if I heal and start making more money...I have my two on a different brand salmon formula and it cleared up their gas and most of their eye boogies...I can't imagine what an even higher quality salmon based one would do!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I think I might give it a shot after we finish up the majority of our Canidae.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I'm going to try the Salmon, I need some grain-free treats to give while feeding raw and I think this might do the trick.  Timberwolf just got way too expensive.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Did our fist 1/4 cup this morning with 3/4 of her regular food, she really liked it so that is a good thing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We had Cosmo on Canidae and then he started to seem disinterested in it, so we switched him over to Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream and he really likes it. His eye buggers had gotten much smaller and less frequent and he rarely has gas.

When we brought Cori home she was being fed this terrible Purina crap. We switched her immediately over to Taste of the Wild and she absolutely devours the stuff and waits for Cosmo to leave his bowl area to try to find some more. Her stomach seems pretty adjusted to it after a week, stools are very solid.

When we brought Cori home she was shedding pretty bad and her coat wasn't shiny. In the week and half since we've had her she has all but stopped shedding and her coat is bright and shiny. Her breath, which was bad before, has improved as well.

I highly recommend this dog food. We'll probably switch it up to another formula if they get sick of this one. The other formulas have a little more crude protein, but if your puppys are very active like ours, I don't think it will hurt to switch them over if they get bored.

G

·
0 Posts
I am a believer.  We switched both dogs over to Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream.  They both LOVE it (binga was starting to get really picky...  however Bear will eat ANYTHING).

They don't have bad eye boogies and poop is back to normal.  I tried Diamond and they both had runny poops   :?

So..  just wanted to say.  This was a very good purchase for us and I am so happy I read about it on here.  ALSO that I found someone in our area that carried it!    :)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm excited - stopping at the Hungry Puppy tomorrow to pick some of this up. I am going ot try it out and hope it agrees with Ollie so I can put into the rotation.
Hopefully will get him on a rotation of Wellness Simple Sol'n Venison, Canidae and Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream.
Finding food to agree with a boxer is a difficult job  :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts