Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a chance to give light on what happened here?

I wiped his face last night and next morning bam! He has a lump on his chin and slightly bleeding.

Do i need to worry like crazy? Do i have to run to the emergency?

He eats with plastic slow feeder and wears a muzzle.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Get rid of the plastic food bowl!!! They harbor bacteria which is what is probably on his chin. Clean that area with chlorohexidine wipes why does he have a muzzle on all the time? That can't be good either. Use stainless steel feeding and water bowls and wash them daily or they make some out of heavy duty porcelain I use stainless steel for mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any suggestions for stainless slow feeder?

He doesn't wear the muzzle all the time. Just during outside walks as he is leash aggressive.

Water bowls are stainless and cleaned 1 or 2x day.

Thank you

·
Registered
58 Posts
Get rid of the plastic food bowl!!! They harbor bacteria which is what is probably on his chin. Clean that area with chlorohexidine wipes why does he have a muzzle on all the time? That can't be good either. Use stainless steel feeding and water bowls and wash them daily or they make some out of heavy duty porcelain I use stainless steel for mine.
I agree, Scout had the same thing going on with her chin, and once we stopped using a large rubber kong that she could stick her muzzle in it went away.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
They do have stainless steel slow feeders I think I saw one on Chewy or Petsmarts website. I hope you find one soon. I think with cleaning and a bowl change you will see his chin clear right up.

·
Super Moderator
7,125 Posts
He probably needs a round of antibiotics. I agree that the plastic food bowls aren’t the best but now a days it’s hard to find stainless still slow feeder inserts. They have a stainless steel ball on Amazon that you could try. It just sits in the dish and they have to move it about to eat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts