Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...This is gonna sound stupid...Lilly has some carzy tear stains under her eyes!!!!!!!  Does anyone have suggestions as to what I can use to remove/repel them?  A friend told me to try canned pumpkin (sp)...Lilly HATES pumpkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Its not an infection (discharge is clear) she just goos up so fast and we are outside all the time (which is why she has goggles for the beach).  Her eyes are super droopy (so cute!!!)  I know that her eyes being droopy allows more debris to enter the eye causing more tearing.

Any ideas what I can use...

Personal experience with a product or method is really prefered...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
342 Posts
Kaiser has the super droopy eyes as well, fortunately his mask is black around his ducts so it doesn't show.  Haylee'e face, especially her nose, gets dirty when she has a rawhide.  It is impossible to get off during a bath, partially because of her.  So what wedo is we have her fetch rocks out of the lake.  Crazy as it sounds it works

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I've just started researching this subject, not because of tear stains but because of red nails. From what I am finding it is a yeast infection that causes tear stains and red nails. I have been reading that diet may play a big role, but I have Maddie on a high quality kibble right now. I just changed her food about two months ago, so I will just watch now and see if they get any better or worse. My guess is that with the red nails it will need to grow out. Probably the same with the tear stains, once the problem is fixed the hair will probably need to regrow.
I'm reading a lot about colloidal silver and yogurt. Here is a link on colloidal silver, and eye tear stains.

http://www.all-natural.com/silver-1.html
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm ... cleid=1156

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK...I wash Lilly with a natural oatmeal dog shampoo on her body and J&J Baby shampoo (the one that doesn't tear up...Lilly loves the stuff for some reason) on her head and face (cuz it doesn't burn the eyes if it accidently gets in).  That actually took a lot of the tear stains away...  I'm gonna do that and try doctoring up some pumpkin the way my mom told me about (don't worry no sugars or anything like that...its an herbal treatment for a mild yeast infection that you mix with pumpkin--apparently pretty tasty---her dog hates pumpkin but loves this stuff) and see how that works.

I'll keep you posted and let you know...

Leanne...If this pumpkin thing works I will pm you the recipe and mixtures...It'll have to be "just right" or the mix won't come out the right way.  My mom and I are herbalists (and I'm a trainer) so most of our approaches with stuff like this is all natural (best for our dogs and us anyways).

I'll keep you posted...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worry...I started the pumpkin thing last night before with her evening meal...We'll see how it works out... Should be about a week before we see results...

I'll keep you posted... In the meantime try washing your pups faces with J&J baby body wash...Its gentle and reduces the "look" of the stains.

Liz and Lilly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts