Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new to this website and am glad to have found you. We have 2 white boxers. Do you have recommendations for addressing tear stains? We've used products available at the various pet stores, as well as just warm water and a soft cloth on our doglets. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  I know that there was a thread awhile back that addressed this issue but I don't remember the methods.  I am that someone will chime in with what they found worked.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
ummm well when we started giving dungy 100% canned pumpkin the stains became less and less... dont actually know if that is what did it lol, but it seemed like it helped

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
What do you feed them?
Since switching to Canidae neither of my dogs get tear stains anymore.
As for cleaning, if using just warm water and a washcloth works- i'd use that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Tear staining is the result of a candida yeast infection caused by excess tearing. Excess tearing can be caused by environmental irritation, entropian eyelids, and allergy. Since yeast loves dark and moist places, the channels under the eyes are a prime environment for yeast to move in and set up camp.

An individual who's been in boxers since she was in diapers recommended Lotrimin cream (brand name is Monistat 7 :lol: ). Since human vaginal yeast infections are caused by the same yeast, it makes sense that this type of antifungal would work for this application as well. She told me to rub a bit in the channels 2 to 3 times per day. Results can be seen within a few days.

Just be careful not to actually get it in the eyes.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome to the forums! :D
I don't know anything about tear stains, but sounds like some good info^^^^.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi I'm new in this forum and i had the same problem with my 4 months old boy Oscar. I'm also mom to premature twins and they had also problems with eyes in the past and I use for them Chamomillae tea :) i did the same thing for Oscar I clean his eyes with that tea 4-5 times a day and after few days the problem was gone, maybe that will help your dog to :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts