Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what age do puppies start "teething"? Reese has been chewing on EVERYTHING other than her toys today and i started wondering if she is losing her baby teeth and the others are coming up. I mean she is eating leaves out of the yard, chewing and licking on my couch/the floor and apparently even managed to eat a few stings of the funny white stuff that is on the underside of a couch. She ended up barfing up everything and i found green and black string (thread from my actual couch) and then colored strings from one of her rope toys. I couldnt remember at what age this typically started at though and she just turned 9 month. I also am wondering how long this lasts, i mean it drove me nuts today having to tell her every 2 seconds to leave it and give her a toy...just for her to ignore the toy and go right back to trying to eat my couch!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sophie lost her first baby tooth at 12 weeks, and I think I read that they begin teething at around 4 months of age, but I don't know how long it lasts.   Dogs start out with 28 baby teeth.  By six months of age, these baby teeth fall out and are replaced by 42 permanent teeth.  Good question - I don't know how long it takes for the whole process.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well....so that means all her permi teeth are there then. Hmmmmm wonder what brought on all her urges to chew then

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I don't know.
Maybe give her something to chew that will keep her busy for a while.  A nylabone healthy edible is a good choice.
Rocky seemed to have never gotten over the "chewing" stage! :roll:   He even chewed the front porch off the dog house we have out in the back yard!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts