Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am not sure if this is the right forum to post this in... but i have a question about baby teeth.  typically when should all the puppy teeth be gone and the adult teeth be in? sumya is 8 months.. almost 9 actually, and she still has quite a few puppy teeth. i did some poking around the forums here and it seems that they should be all gone by now.just wondering if  it something i should be concerned about, it just seemed a little weird to me while i was trying to brush her teeth that she still had so many baby ones.... thanks!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the puppy teeth are small and very sharp. they are  also sometimes reffered to as  "milk teeth"

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Puppies generally start to lose their (milk) or deciduous teeth at around 2-3 months. Usually they are going through some form of continuous teething until they are about nine months. This can vary from puppy to puppy, so I wouldn't worry too much about Sumya's teeth. Just make sure she has plenty of appropriate things to chew on in the process!  :wink:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Luther is 10 months old tomorrow and he seems to have all of his adult teeth.  They are all HUGE....

I will see if I can open his mouth like JAWS and take a pic...LOL

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It can take different amounts of time depending on the dog but at 8 to 9 months they can still have puppy teeth....I am sure what will happen is that one day they will be there and then within a few days they will all be gone and new one's coming in....But, it is not anything to worry about.. The thing to worry about would be if an adult tooth came in behind or in front of a baby tooth and the baby tooth did not come out....I would not even worry about it until about 11 to 12 months old....:)

G

·
0 Posts
sharonL\";p=\"54190 said:
The thing to worry about would be if an adult tooth came in behind or in front of a baby tooth and the baby tooth did not come out........:)
That is what happened to me as a kid...I had to have the dentist pull almost all of my baby teeth..one time I remember having all four eye teeth out at once!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't even know what happened to most of Lola's baby teeth.  I wonder if she swallowed them or something, seriously.

However one day, I'd say she was 6-8 months old, I had just vacuumed the area rug in the living room and about a half hour later I found both her big fang teeth (lol just thought it was funny that these are called the "canines" in humans) from the top laying on the rug.  Those 2 teeth are the only two I ever saw out of her mouth.  I think she has all adult teeth right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts