Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, Beckham is going to send me to an early grave.  Either that, or I'm worrying myself for nothing.

It's only 11:34AM, but he's not eating or drinking (except licking ice cubes and soft treats).  he always eats breakfast, and is always thirsty.  He still likes his soft treats, but not the hard ones.  Maybe his throat is a bit sore today?

We do not want to keep bringing him in again AND again AND again, especially because there's nothing WRONG with him!  Even the coughs are nearly 99% gone!  I probably wouldn't think twice about this if he hadn't been so sick this past week.  :cry:  

Maybe he's just teething? Are all puppies this up and down?

called the vet too, said it could be anything, and if he doesn't eat his food at ALL by tomorrow morning then worry, but not now.

seems like teething to me?  what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
381 Posts
There has been several times, perhaps dozens of times, when Lola did not eat anything before noon.  And she just turned 7 months old so it isn't like she's an old bird.  

But Lola never went 24 hours without eating.  If she did that I'd be worried.  But not for missing a meal or two.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote="Nexu\";p=\"7554":2ww6jt1t]There has been several times, perhaps dozens of times, when Lola did not eat anything before noon.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Xena never went through that when she was teething. The way i knew she was teething is that she'd chew EVERYTHING and I'd hear a little noise like a pebble fell on the floor, I'd look, and there was a tooth! She's now going to be 3 and I wouldn't guess its teething. There are a few other things you should look at though....
1. Check her stool for color and consistencty and anything else abnormal.
2. Changes in temperament. Is she sluggish and unusually sleepy?
3. Is she eating grass? This usually indicates that her stomach is upset.

I hope everything turns out ok!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PlaYtiMe24_7\";p=\"7556 said:
Xena never went through that when she was teething. The way i knew she was teething is that she'd chew EVERYTHING and I'd hear a little noise like a pebble fell on the floor, I'd look, and there was a tooth! She's now going to be 3 and I wouldn't guess its teething. There are a few other things you should look at though....
1. Check her stool for color and consistencty and anything else abnormal.
2. Changes in temperament. Is she sluggish and unusually sleepy?
3. Is she eating grass? This usually indicates that her stomach is upset.

I hope everything turns out ok!
he hasn't eaten any grass, stool is normal color.  he's actually very playful, and sleeps at normal times; at least so far.

we're stumped; obviously tomorrow if he's still acting weird, we'll bring him to the vet.  he is JUST getting over pneumonia, so we are keeping close tabs on him.  he is still on meds.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PlaYtiMe24_7\";p=\"7558 said:
He...I mean he.

hehe, not a problem at all.  thanks for the advice.  it's been quite the health issue week for him, so i'm not all THAT surprised he's feeling a bit off.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well my goodness Beckham..What are you trying to do to Mommy & Daddy? He sure is having some issues this week, isn't he? It could very well be a residual effect from being sick earlier in the week...Only wanting soft foods and such is a good indicator...I can understand not wanting to keep running to the vet..Makes you seem like quite the alarmist, huh? And of course it gets a bit costly too...

It's been awhile since I have had a puppy, but it seems to me if he was teething, if I remember right, he should be wanting to chew on everything..I can't exactly remember at what age that starts either...Told ya it had been awhile...I wouldn't be too alarmed, he could very well still be recovering..If he's taking soft food, you know he's getting some nutrition and the ice will give him water also.....

Keeps us posted and get your self another bottle of wine...Lol.....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually drinking a Corona right now! lol....hooray for Cinco de Mayo! :D

I think we have actually been OVERFEEDING him.  Turns out our "cup" is much larger than an actual cup.  So today he went out, took a poop, and BOLTED for his food!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO....No wonder he wasn't hungry! Sounds like he is getting back to normal...Ahh yess, how did I forget Cinco De Mayo?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It worries me when Charlie skips a meal also.  It's typically only one meal and then he chows down.  I think the heat is a big factor right now for Charlie.  We're around 80 but he's been shedding his winter coat.  I'll give you the same advice everybody gave me, "Just keep an eye on him!"

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woo Hoo, Becks is back to normal...I knew those subliminal messages were working..Lol....Glad he's doing better and lets hope that there will be some calmness for a bit...Well as much as there can be with a boxer in the house... :)

JeepKuntry, Samson is shedding terribly and I have been brushing him like crazy trying to clear that winter coat...Hair everywhere.....

·
Registered
302 Posts
The most dangerous thing for a puppy is blockage... if your pup eats something he shouldn't and blocks the way out the "back door", he's going to stop eating at some point and he's in a dire situation if the blockage doesn't pass through his system.

As long as your puppy is pooping, you're in a good situation... not eating is a possible sign, but not pooping is the clencher.

Glad to hear all is well with your dog, but if ever he stops eating AND pooping, then you've got a problem.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="beckhamboxer\";p=\"7578":2uikskhm]Actually drinking a Corona right now! lol....hooray for Cinco de Mayo! :D

I think we have actually been OVERFEEDING him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts