Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
just noticed that zach, our 17week old boxer has lost his 2 main upper teeth. one is just a little hole and the other has the new tooth coming through. no problems so far but has anyone got any hints, tips for me during his teething. how long do they usually teeth for?
cheers!!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
They are like a kid when teething.  They will chew nearly anything to relieve the pain/pressure.  Try Nylabones (Lilly loves the Nylabone naturals, Banana flavor).  Also in the Boxer Belly section I have a recipe for a frozen treat that will help too.

Hope this helps!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
405 Posts
I saw something at the store, they are like hollow plastic bones...you can fill them with water or juice or something and freeze them. as they chew, little bits escape through the wholes for them to taste, thereby keeping them interested in it and soothing their gums. i think it was in the toy aisle at petsmart.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I used to take an old sock tied in a knot, wet it, put it in a ziploc bag and freeze for a couple hours.  This is what I found online.

The first deciduous teeth to come in are the canine teeth and incisors, followed by the premolars and molars. Puppies generally start to lose the deciduous teeth at age 2-3 months of age. As with the deciduous teeth, the incisors are the first permanent teeth to erupt. They are followed by the canines, molars, and premolars.

Most puppies are undergoing some form of continued teething, either erupting or replacing the baby teeth, until they are about nine months of age. The exact end to teething varies considerably with each individual puppy. Teething puppies love to chew. This may be an attempt to relieve the irritation associated with raw and occasionally bleeding gums. It is best to provide the puppy with sufficient chews in the form of nutritional treats, toys, etc. This will help direct the potentially destructive chewing habit away from objects such as furniture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts