Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering at what age do the puppy teeth fall out and the adult teeth come in?  Dezi is 3 1/2 months and has already lost a couple teeth, and I didn't know if that was normal.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If I remember correctly Maggie was right around the same age.  She lost one and then it seems like every tooth in her mouth fell out.  Not to mention it was getting expensive, skin kid says the tooth fairy needed to come so we bought lots of treat.......lol!!

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Zulu was also about the same.

The first we knew he was teething was when one of his baby teeth was left in hubbys hand after playing around with the pup 8O . Their gums look so weird when they lose teeth, little red dot on a huge gum :lol:

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Sounds about right.  All the chewing should stop in a couple of months. :wink:   A cold carrot is a good, soothing thing for them to chew.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Sounds about right :)  All of them are a little different but it is generally starts around 3 months and the adult teeth are usually in by 7 months.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He really loves to chew on big brothers nylabone so I'm assuming that's where that went. I knew that he's about to the age of teething so I haven't really discouraged it. Is that the right thing to do? Or is that too hard for a teething pup?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
He will chew if you try and discourage him or not....they just cant help it....:)  Let him chew!  Better to give him something you want him to chew on because while teething they will find something and a nice pair of shoes will feel good on those baby teeth too :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Ugh..the lovely teething stage..Brodi is going thru this now and the only thing that he seems to want to chew on is a frozen wash cloth that or my furniture.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Too cute! I love that the eye winks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts