Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just wondering how concerned I should be since Templeton just gobbled down a muffin wrapper?  I'm about to call my vet but does anyone have any advice or do you think it will just pass thru?  Poor Templeton...he hasn't had much luck lately!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Since its paper, really IMO would not worry about it.  My dogs eat shoes, magizines and have shredded a pillow and ate a little of the stuffing.   I would just watch him and I am sure it will pass and make for some interesting poops.   A small amount as a muffin wrapper IMO should be easy enough to pass.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I agree, a paper muffin wrapper shouldn't be a big deal to pass. Just keep an eye on him.  :)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I agree with Heather - my Lucy eats all kinds of crap - rocks, sticks, leaves, plush toys, and so far she has passed it all just fine. I think Temp will be just fine with a little paper.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know.  Thanks so much!  I guess I've been pretty lucky so far since both of my boxers have never really been chewers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree, I think it will just pass.  Raven gets into everything and she gobbles down tissues whenever she finds an open trash can, just out of spite of course!  The bits of chocolate muffin should be fine also.  Raven managed to steal and eat a chocolate truffle once and the vet said it wasn't a problem.  I could go on with a list of things she's managed to consume, but I'll stop there... :lol:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
That should not be a problem.  It shoulld get soft and break up with the stomach content and acid and pass right on through.....:)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again.  Sharon L...this is a little off topic but would amoxicillin make Templeton itchy for any reason?  Or the Sulcrate?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
why is he on Sulcrate did they suspect stomach ulcers?

Either could make him itch if he is slight allergic but my guess would be the Sulcrate over the Amoxi, normally if Amoxi does not agree they get loose stool.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My vet put him on both these meds because of his inflamed pancreas.  He had a lack of apetite, loss of energy, loss of weight and extremely soft stools for quite some time.  But since he's been on the raw food he has been eating lots and feeling much better.  For the first time in months his stools are actually normal!  However he's itchy quite a bit and I have a feeling he may be allergic to one of the meds.  I did speak with my vet about this but he didnt seem too concerned.  More than anything we were both happy to see him feeling better and eating!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Whats a little bit of fiber added to the diet  :lol:  Britney has eatin some newspaper before and yes Hannabanna it always makes for real interesting poop!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Does anyone else find toy stuffing and batting from blankets shaped like turds in the yard or is it just me?

·
Registered
35 Posts
g00dgirl\";p=\"83117 said:
Does anyone else find toy stuffing and batting from blankets shaped like turds in the yard or is it just me?
Lol
Sadie has a green tennis ball that she loves to carry around by the fuzz, so her poop has lime green fuzz speckling it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts