Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden Quint is terrified of me and I don't know what to do. I don't know if something scared him and I am setting his fear off or if is is in fact me for some reason. Nothing has changed at all, we have had no storms or anything like that, I have no scolled him or yelled in any way, but all of a sudden he is just terrified.

He will not do anything, but sit or lay down staring at me. When he is staring at me his head is lowered and his eyes are looking up so that he can see me. If I get him he will run away and hide. Just a little while ago I got out of bed and he took of running away from me and hid in the extra bathroom and cowering in a ball and he peed there.

I have no idea what happened to him - this just started the past couple of days. I have been trying not to baby him, but trying to reassure him that everything is going to be okay. I have been trying to be super gentle with him with a quiet and sweet voice. I have no idea what this all of a sudden fear is about and I am in desprate need of help to try and fix it.

He will constantly stare at me whenever I am around and I have to admit it is starting to really bug me as I have this thing about people staring at me, but I am dealing with it. I am more concerned about this fear of him cowering and running away.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Re: Terrified pup all of a sudden - need advice?

I would think that if a dog has that sudden of a change of attitude there is something terrible wrong and to get him to a Vet on Monday. Is he eating? Is his gate normal. This could be something in the brain that has gone wrong. Also as Ceasar would say, ignore him. Don't reward the unstabble mine by trying to tell him its alright or try to touch him. I am so sorry and be praying for him and you. keep us informed.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Terrified pup all of a sudden - need advice?

Thank you - He is eating normal and his gate is fine. I called my vet right after I made the thread and my vet told me not to wait and bring him in right away. He said he wants to him have a brain scan right away, like you said it could be an issue in the brain. I will be leaving here in a few minutes to take him to the hospital.

Please pray for him - he is just a little baby still. I am so scared for him :cry:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Please let us know how Quint is.I will pray he is ok

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am with the vet now - his condition is serious. He was fine on the way to the hospital and once we got there. My vet did a physical exam and then went in the other room to get some stuff to take some blood and while he was gone he had a seziure. My vet got back into the room just at the end of the seziure. About 10 minutes later he threw up and had another seziure.

My vet really wants to get him in for a full body scan and then a brain scan and see if we can get to the bottom of this, but he is not stable enough for that yet. He has't had a seziure in about 30 minutes, so he said he wants to wait another 15 minutes and if no seziure he will start the scan.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Oh no!!! I will keep you in my thoughts. I hope he starts to feel better soon and the vet will figure out what is going on...

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Oh my gosh....im so sorry.. I hope they get to the bottom of this... I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

Please keep us posted,

Hugs and Boxer Love,
Jessica, Bubba, Dixie

G

·
0 Posts
Awww...poor Quint! Please let us know how he is, you and Quint will be in our prayers!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am sending healing vibes your way. Thank God yu noticed something out of the ordinary and took care of it right away. Quint is lucky to have you - stay strong!

1 - 20 of 332 Posts