Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 332 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I hope Quint is doing ok? He is in our prayers, I hope he makes a speedy recovery!

G

·
0 Posts
how terrifying to have to go through this. praying it's an infection that can be cured.

how awful for a young pup. :(

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Quint is still with us, but in very serious unstable condition. His brain scan also came back clear. However, the tox screen was not good news. It turns out he consumed something toxic outside, we are still not sure what he injested, but we are doing more tests on the toxin to try and find out what it is he injested.

Years ago another dog I had injested a posionious mushroom and almost died. He had similiar symptoms and was in the hospital for a few weeks. The vets did not think he was going to make it and wanted to euthanize, but we would allow it and wanted to give him a chance. He had about a 10% chance of survival, but that tough little sucker did make it.

Quint is not doing very well and the seziures just keep coming, he has a very high fever, and has lost control of his blatter and bowels. He is on lots of drugs right now which don't seem to be doing anything, but I am praying that he will also be a tough sucker and pull through this.

Please everyone pray for my little guy. I am going to go and visit him later today and see how he is doing and bring him one of his stuffed animals.

G

·
0 Posts
Oh no :cry: We will continue to pray for you guys! I hope he can pull through all of this! You guys will be in my thoughts every second!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Oh that poor baby..I pray the doctors can find what it was he ate and help him get through this.. [-O< [-O< [-O< ...sending lots of boxer wiggles and vibes your way.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hang in there Quint you can make it. Healing vibes coming your way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I'm sending prayers and healing vibes for Quint - poor baby, what a nightmare for you both to go through. Please keep usposted.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I am just seeing this now and read all 4 pages...Im sitting here in tears praying for Quint :cry:

Stay strong, Quint, you can do this!!!!

[-O<

·
Registered
464 Posts
I am so sorry. THis is hard for me to say but if the Vet does suggest euthanize again I would. He may not come out of this and be the same puppy he was. Brain damage from the high fever and the seziures is likely. I don't want to be the negative one here and I do send you prayers for the right out come. [-O<

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thank you all for all of your healing vibes - it really means alot to me and to Quint also. This is such a wonderful very caring and friendly community.

I just spoke with my vet and he told me that Quint had a very rough night. He is okay, but had a very rough night. The seziures were coming about every 30 minutes and the movement of the seziures kept pulling his IV out. His blatter and bowel control is still out of control. He is still sedated so at least he isn't to aware of what is going on.

The vet did just pull some more blood and is going to check on his kidney and liver functions again since he has had some many more seziures since yesterday.

I am so hating that poor Quinny is having to go through all of this, but like I said before at least he is heavily sedated and probably not to aware of what is happening to him.

I will be going to visit him in about an hour - he cannot to moved right now, but at least I will be able to sit with him, talk to him, and pat him. I will be taking one of his favorite stuffed animals and his baby blanket to and hopefully that will make him feel a little more comfortable.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Aww poor baby. I feel terrible for him and you. I am sending a ton of {{{{healing and positive vibes}}}} your way!

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Oh my goodness. Poor baby boy. Hang in there Quint! [-O<

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bless your heart. We'll say a prayer for you and your baby Quint.

A short story of hope...
Years ago we had a cat that was adopted with a Parvo/Distemper from the SPCA (long story). Things were so touch and go for a while - and the vet recommended I just put him down and "get another cat" from the SPCA.
Just then, my almost unconcious new cat wrapped his paws around my arm and purred...buring his head in the crook of my arm. Heh....needless to say, 1 week of kitty ICU, 600.00,well- that is how Lucky got his name. They weren't sure he would ever eat normal food again, because his colon lining had disolved - if he made it.

It has been 8 years now, and he sleeps with me like a teddy bear at night (under my arm). He eats normal food. He hogs the covers. he has been one of my best companions through life.

In any event, sometimes we get Lucky. Sending lots of love, prayers and healing mojo from Virginia.

41 - 60 of 332 Posts