Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our boxer puppy LOVES tetherball! But the other day we left the park and she was limping. I took her in as she started holding her hurt leg up. We did x-rays of both hind legs to make sure there were no injuries to growth plates as that was sour vet's biggest concern. She thinks it's muscular and sent us home with an anti-inflammatory. It's her left hind leg. She's been on the meds for just over a day now and she's a little better. But now she has a lump on her right hip. I think I'll call, but wonder if it's from over compensating for the left. Ugh. If you have experience with such an injury, I'd love to hear your thoughts. She's 4 months, and it's breaking my heart to see her hurt already.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Our boxer puppy LOVES tetherball! But the other day we left the park and she was limping. I took her in as she started holding her hurt leg up. We did x-rays of both hind legs to make sure there were no injuries to growth plates as that was sour vet's biggest concern. She thinks it's muscular and sent us home with an anti-inflammatory. It's her left hind leg. She's been on the meds for just over a day now and she's a little better. But now she has a lump on her right hip. I think I'll call, but wonder if it's from over compensating for the left. Ugh. If you have experience with such an injury, I'd love to hear your thoughts. She's 4 months, and it's breaking my heart to see her hurt already.

Was she vaccinated recently? Zuke would get a lump at the site of the injection that would take a few weeks to go away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was she vaccinated recently? Zuke would get a lump at the site of the injection that would take a few weeks to go away.
Oh my goodness you could have nailed it! She got her vaccinations last week and it's very possible I just didn't notice the lump until she hurt herself and I was paying close attention to her hips. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Oh my goodness you could have nailed it! She got her vaccinations last week and it's very possible I just didn't notice the lump until she hurt herself and I was paying close attention to her hips. Thank you!

1st time it happened with Zuke it kind of freaked me out a little until I put it together and asked my vet if she gave the vaccination on the one side and she said yup. Its not uncommon for there to be a bit of a lump for a little while. You can always call your vet and see if that is where she did the injection. Hope I'm right and it puts your mind at ease a bit. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts