Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18,320 Posts
Donya, start letting  Maverick have some "free time" off leash, short sessions and see how he does....Oh definitely, he's starting to "get it", which is a good time to let him have a bit of freedom...I'm really glad he is doing well and yes as he gets older, he will be able to hold it longer....When we brought Angel home at 18 mos, she was not potty trained, I despaired that I was ever going to get her trained and it's like one day the light bulb when off and no more accidents!! Now she sleeps all nite, uncrated and is fine :) So, yes, there is hope, it's just at the time it doesn't seem like it....You are doing awesome with the potty training, I commend you for that, it's not easy sometimes and it does get frustrating...Ideally, Maverick will come to you or stand by the door when he needs to go out. See he knows that door means potty, so they eventually make the connection...Course Angel prefers to stand about 5 ft from me and drill me with that famous Boxer stare  :)

· Registered
18,320 Posts
Have you thought about using a bell like some people do? Maybe that might help him...I think Barb put a set of wind chimes by her door & Kiah rings those.. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.