Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found these texas tooth picks made by Merrick. They are smoked beef tails, and Maddie loves them as much as she loves her bully's! They are all natural, no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. They look kind of puffy, so I was kind of leery at first because I thought they would get soggy and expand like rawhide, but all I heard was crunch, crunch....
I don't know if they are new or not, but Maddie just loves them!  =P~

Hmm...what is this thing?

Do you smoke it?

Maybe lick it!

Ok..let's eat it!

·
Registered
578 Posts
We were given a sample of STING RAY TAILS at the Pet Expo a few months ago. Fredo absolutely loved them but I can't find them anywhere now. Does anyone have a clue where I can get them or has anyone tried them before?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm...I'll have to do a little test and put a small piece in some water and see what happens to it.  :think:

As far as the sting ray tails....I am going to my pet store tomorrow. They sell some type of cartiledge treat that's great for the joints. I'll have to ask what they are made from, or if they know about the sting ray tails.
I've stepped on a sting ray before, I know they hurt like hell!  :-O

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok..testing is under way! I broke one open....no easy task....it doesn't resemble rawhide in any way. I will wait a couple of hours and see what happens with it.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I'm just wondering what are "beef tails"?   They have it under the rawhide section, unlike bully sticks which are under tendons.  I like bully sticks because its just one tendon, no pieces to fall off.  I'm guessing these treats are beef that are wrapped in a rawhide-type casing.  But if I'm wrong maybe they are a quality treat.  I generally like Merrick stuff. Let me know how the testing goes!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Sounds interesting, let us know.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha...2x4!

Well after soaking for 4 1/2 hours, I can say this is a treat I would recommend. After soaking, they did become pliable, but did not swell as rawhide would do. I think they would be very digestible.

[quote="sully\";p=\"76278":3alnu5fs]

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well, those look interesting...I got to admit the title had me going there...Have to check those out..Maddie sure seems to like em

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I will have to get Kiah some if I can find them around here; I know both of the local pet stores carry Merrick so they may have them.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh...maybe 10-15 minutes. She is a chewer though. A 10-12 inch bully will only last her about 30-45 minutes.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah she is insane! A bully use to last Buster a whole week. She devours stuff! I wish I could find something that lasts.  :roll:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
A bully will last a couple weeks with Maverick but he will usually want 2 out at a time so he can switch between them...i dont know if this is normal or not but if he has only one, once it is partly chewed, he will ignore it or hide it until he get's another then he will switch between the two and they will last about a month or a little more. Doesnt seem as tho Maddie would even have time to do that tho...goes through them super fast!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts