Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Never used Merrick.

I have gone with Acana since he was about 1. Been using Appalachian Ranch for awhile now. I also add turkey necks, heart, eggs, sardines etc. throughout the week. Kind of like a hybrid mix of kibble and raw. I have had no issues.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
thank you fro your thoughts I should but him on a raw diet I am simple I guess and do not understand, I thought chicken bones wer bad?
I'm not knowledgeable enough to speak about a completely raw diet. I think there is a thread on here, maybe by Kaco Boxers, that really gets into the whole raw diet.

Its why I do a hybrid, I don't trust myself to go completely raw.

Really the only thing I give him with bones are the necks and my vet said they are completely fine for him. The only thing I have to watch is the protein amounts so sometimes I cut back on the kibble if I notice his stool is getting a tiny bit soft. Too much protein will do that sometimes.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Nice looking boxer. Just remember any changes you make in diet do it slowly, so if your going to add raw do small amounts to his diet so you can see how he does. Big changes can cause loose stool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts