Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several reasons I like this forum- and not all of them are listed here.

Boxers- what's not to love! Anything and everything Boxers....

Getting good advice on concerns- whether it's a thread I had a concern about, or something I've been able to read on other threads.

Being able to offer support and (my limited) input to others.

Within all of this is the one thing that resonates over and over to me- as life moves forward and time passes (faster and faster) - I'm reminded to cherish the time I have with my fur babies and not take it for granted.

Reminding me not to get so caught up in what I have to do, and what's going on that I don't enjoy the morning, evenings, weekends with my babies.

Not to get grumpy when I'm trying to go to sleep - or stay asleep- when Jax or Tundra have to plop down into me when they get into the bed, or cause me to do the contortionist sleeping I do many nights.

Not to get frustrated when Bandit leaves a wet spot on the couch, bed, (wherever) when he's licking himself (he's has the longest tongue- it is too cute when he has the tip sticking out and he's sleeping).

To really enjoy when Jax and Tundra want to be in my lap at the same time - they did it since they were puppies, so why would it be different now. :)

To get my husband to take a video of how excited they are when I get home. Jax- running to get a toy so we can play; Bandit jumping on me and then trying to get the toy from Jax, while Jax tries to tell him 'no' this is for me and Mom. Tundra bouncing like a bunny wanting cuddles and scratches and kisses.

To keep laughing when my nose hairs start burning from their gas, or we sometimes get a little warning by the soft sound of gas escaping...

Our fur babies are a huge part of our world and a key part of our family. One day they will go over the rainbow bridge. I will be a mess. A part of me will go with them- especially Jax. He's my boy and I'm his human.

THANK YOU to all who have shared and who will share their experiences and knowledge; and for reminding me on a regular basis to not let the little things get in the way, and not to take any day with my fur babies for granted.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I imagine we all have similar experiences with our furkids. They bring so much joy.

Tundra has been sleeping and breathing on the back of my neck for a couple of hours. They make great heaters!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts