Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I never really noticed with Buck & Tia, but boy I tell you, Samson & Angel have that mastered...Have you ever suddenly felt like holes were being drilled in your back, only to turn around and there is your precious baby just staring at you?  :) A wee bit disconcerting to say the least...Samson, before we got Angel, would sit behind me in the office and just drillls holes in my back, sending subliminal messages that it was time for his walk....Angel is just as good at this, I'll look up, and there she is across the room, just staring at me, her message is "I need to pee momma"... :lol: Just wanted to share and see who else's babies have "the look" down pat.... :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
glaicer does and she does it when im cooking dinner letting me know shes wanting the tidbits that fall down on the floor lol.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Yup, deffinately get the stare.  Henry will just sit and look at me for no apparent reason.  I'll look back at him sometimes and ask him what he wants, then he just walks off.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Definately, Kiah does the stare in the mornings when she is ready to get up.  I swear her stares wake me up because when I open my eyes there she is staring at me  :lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yeah. Zeus will stare and whimper a little bit when its time to go potty. And he will stare at me until he gets my attention and then look where the dog food is because he knows when it is time to feast.  :lol:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Both of mine have mastered the stare as well.  Astro only stares to get us to play with him.  Roxy, on the other hand, stares at me and when I look at her she will "talk back" to me...for what?...I have no idea, then she'll just walk away.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
HaHaHa!! It's so funny that you posted this! Mu hubby was just saying this morning that Maddie can stare just like Buster used to. They got the deepest stare, like they are looking through you, or drilling holes! Must be another boxer thing!  :roll:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, Macy has that mastered. She was doing it to me this morning while I was getting ready. I couldn't figure out what she wanted, but man it makes me feel terrible when I can't figure it out.

She's pretty good at it though...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was getting the stare the other day when I was eating some ribs. He sat patiently watching me and I didn't respond to his stare. So he went and found my wife and cried to her and she came in and gave him a rib.  No more stare, but how do you deal with a tattle tail? or one that goes running to mommy when he don't get his way. Good greef, what a kid!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Tink will sit at the edge of the bed with her head on it, looking at me when im on my pc. and when i dont notice her after a while, she'll over exaggerate a HUGE sigh. Like its so rude of me to not pet her. hehe Boxer stares are the cutest

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, I get the stares too and the exaggerated sighs.   They can't speak but they sure can let you know what they want.   :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Funny!  I get that too!  My younger pup, Fiddler, likes to add the bonus whine to it too...he soooo knows how to treat his momma right!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts