Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have to say I was surprised when they went to the vet today....my reverse brindle is 24.5lbs and my mahogony one is 23.4lbs.  They are both males and I was shocked to hear the weights on them.  Is that alittle big at the age of 12 weeks.  The vet says no but the other 2 boxers I have had where not this size at all.

·
Registered
397 Posts
sounds okay to me. Pups grow at diff rates and as long as your vet thinks their weight it okay I would not worry.

My little guy was at the vet last week and weighed in just over 14lbs @ 9 weeks but they grow so fast at this age.

wow, you have 2 12 week old pups? Geesh, they must keep you on your toes!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea, I have to agree, every dog is different and they all go thru growth spurts as well....So don't expect the same rate of growth constantly, it will slow down

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Kash was 13 weeks and 23 lbs.  Its all depends on their make-up and the amount to bone they have.  Some pups are just more stocky and others more petitie!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SophiaSadeyes\";p=\"118759 said:
sounds okay to me. Pups grow at diff rates and as long as your vet thinks their weight it okay I would not worry.

My little guy was at the vet last week and weighed in just over 14lbs @ 9 weeks but they grow so fast at this age.

wow, you have 2 12 week old pups? Geesh, they must keep you on your toes!!!
Yah they keep me and my girlfriend really busy......its funny to see there little personalities taking shape and the way they interact wiht each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts