Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definately don't want to start any riots but curious about the Dog Whisperer comment.  So what do y'all really think about Cesar's methods?

Lucy

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I'm going to move this post in to the Anything Goes forum.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Same here, I agree with some things, and others I wouldn't try.  I do find the shows interesting.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
cesar isnt a trainer hes a behaviorist and a lot of his methods are antiquated but there are alot of things he says/does that are common sense...i do love victoria stillwell and the monks of new skeet

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello all and thanks for the feedback.  I never really thought about the difference between a trainer and a behaviorist until now.   This is the first time I heard about Victoria Stillwell.  I learn something new everytime I log in.  

Lucy

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
OOOO Liz Im with you!!! I LOVE the Monks Of New Skeet!!! They are around here somewhere lmao I keep forget to google them!! :lol:

·
Registered
948 Posts
I think he's cute and i love his accent.. lol

i like watching the shows and SOME of the stuff I've tried.. Most of the time bf and I will mock him and I try the techniques on bf when he's cooperative..  :lol:  :wink:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
We have it set to record on our dvr... I'm with ChloeBellesMommy... I think it's great that he keeps dogs from being put down and we've even used some of his advise... which has worked great... but I did see a couple of episodes... that I was like "wow... okay... no I don't think I'd try that." BUT hey his methods work. I haven't seen anything BAD that I would consider not watching him... I've learned a lot from him and even used his advise to help you guys... and a lot of the time Liz gives advice that I've heard Ceasar give (don't take that offensively Liz I don't mean it in a bad way :) ).

Anyone see the CRAZY boxer lady on the show!!??????? OMG it was hilarious... she put her male boxer in a tux cuz' Ceasar went to pick out a female dog at the boxer shelter as a friend for him... she bought her a bridal gown... LOL she was CRAZY! I mean she really loves them and that's great but she was a LITTLE off her rocker!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
lol, mastray...no offense takien...see what i mean...some of his stuff is common sense in dog language...some of his stuff could really get someone hurt...matter of preference i guess...

he is kinda cute though...lol!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
We watch him.  Most of the things he covers are interesting, but as previously stated, some of it is just common sense.  

I especially enjoy it when there is an odd situation, like a crazed maltese or a yorkie out for blood.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Mastray\";p=\"19332 said:
...Anyone see the CRAZY boxer lady on the show!!??????? OMG it was hilarious... she put her male boxer in a tux cuz' Ceasar went to pick out a female dog at the boxer shelter as a friend for him... she bought her a bridal gown... LOL she was CRAZY! I mean she really loves them and that's great but she was a LITTLE off her rocker!
I saw that episode!!!  And yes, I agree she was just a tad bit insane!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think the guy does a great job in helping families out.  I have learned a lot from him and some of the stuff really works.  I wouldn't take everything he does to heart but you can learn a lot.  A lot of the problems are the owners.  They let things go either intentionally or they thought something was cute and it got out of hand.  I think any dog can be made to be good or bad and that its all how you train and care for them.  If you make them a part of the family, they will be.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts