Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we put hailee on adult dog food, she has been on Eukanuba Puppy formula for large breed, and a few days ago we put her on Eukanuba Adult formula for the boxer breed and from my understanding it takes their stomach about a week to adjust and there poop will go back to normal but i didnt think it would be this bad! she has crazy runs and shes never had so many accidents in the house. she absolutely loves the food but how long will it be till her poop gose back to normal and no more accidents in the house?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am no expert, but when I switched Tanzy to Canidae (from Proplan, from Newman's, from Merrick) her poop was awful for about a month. I tried the pumpkin route people suggested here, and he poo looks 103850329374 times better! I love Canidae (esp. for the price) and I really needed it to work and I am so glad it did. I think you should add a little bit of pumpkin to her food and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like canned pumpkin?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yes the natural canned, not the pie filling. I had no problem transitioning my two to the new food, I started with 1/4 cup of new to 3/4 c of old food for  1 week, then 1/2 to 1/2 then 3/4 new to 1/4 old then 100% new food. the dogs had loose stools all the time on wellness so I switched them to canidae and I saw an immediate imprvement in their stools.  Ekim did vomit 2x on the new  food but so far he has gone 4 days without a problem.

G

·
0 Posts
Bo was switched to Canidae cold turkey from Purina dog chow...only one day of runs (used pumpkin to help him by)  Now they have been switched cold turkey (I was sick and ran out of the old stuff) from Canidae to Diamond Naturals and we only had one day of bad poop on Jetta none for Bo...I really think it is an individual dog thing...mine happen to have iron stomachs and can handle food changes well...yours may not...it can take up to a month to get the food to adapt...

·
Registered
171 Posts
THis is what I am trying to tend with now. Our girl will be coming home on March 6. I want to get her on Canidae ALS. The breeder is using Pedigree Lamb and Rice Kibble wixed with wet. I may just try 1/2 and 1/2 and see what happens. How long do they need to be on wet food?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Make sure you use just a little, tbl spoon or so of pumkin.  Too much can cause the runs.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
A little of the pumpkin (not pie filling) helps firm up poo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts