Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so Ace is a chewer. He had become really sick after eating carpet padding. that was months ago and he is all better now and really is a handful. My husband is really upset with everything we have dog "proof"ed the house or so we thought. no sooner than you take something away from him he's got soemthing else in his mouth, i take him for long walks & he has toys that dont last long and i attempted the cold carrot but this dog will find things to chew on and eat. it's not just the chewing he destroys and attempts to eat everyhing he even goes into my sons toy chest and picks the toys out!!  i have a three yr old so  i am used to having to keep a close eye on things but i dont know what else to do it's like he is ocd chewing/destroying. I hope its its teething but ahhhhh!!!! would appreciate any ideas?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Wow. I wish I had some ideas. Bib has outgrown some of his chewing habits (our couch and loveseat look bad, though), but as soon as I say that, something is chewed beyond recognition on one of his "bored" days. I guess that's the trick: anticipating bored. I really need to try the goodies frozen inside the Kong. Have you?   :)

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
how old is ace?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I would try going down to the butcher shop and getting some big marrow bones to chew on. Might take his mind off things hes not suppose to chew. :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Doggy daycare may tire him out more and he would get some socialization.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Oh ,do I know where you coming from!!!!!!My first boxer was like that,he just couldn't help him self.It was like.. his job was to figure out ways to find things to chew.We tried to tired him out but it help just a little.I just had to watch him all the time and with the age he calm down a little(didn't have him long,died at 15 months....NOT FROM SOMETHINK HE ATE!!!!)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i was going to say doggie daycare too..super tire him out..mine now dont do it BUT my american bully was a destroyer..no matter how much excercise he got..even doggie daycare lol..he outgrew it and never did it again..but boy he was a toy box picker also...

good luck i know its aggrivating

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have to echo the daycare!!  It has been one of the best things that I have ever done.  Right now they both go once a week and they come home so tired they do not even move from where they land.  Maggie is my chewer and if I catch her I take it away and replace it with something she can chew.  Does this happen at certain times in the day or is it all the time.  we received some good ideas from our training class I would be happy to scan them in and pm them to you if you would like :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts