Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I showed a pic of Dungy...my pup i am getting saturday... to my friends brother and he was like, he prolly is blind and deaf and i was like WHAT!!!!!... i have read all about them and they arent any different except for there is a slightly higher chance of deafness.  Ugh ppl dont know much about white boxers

I used to work at a pet store, i worked mainly in the fish department though... i have a thing for fish lol... but sometimes i would get put in the puppy department and i hated it cause i knew those poor puppies were not from "local breeders" like my store said... hence the reason i quit later on cause i didnt want to be a part of it, but i remember we would get white boxers every once and awhile and now that i think about it the price for them was hundreds of dollars more because they where white.... LET ALONE, if it was a total white one that was even more.  People would come in and want to buy them because they were so rare and u never saw them... I cant even believe my former work tells people that

i want to walk in some day when they have one and see what they say about a white boxer so i can just be like... Really, that rare huh lol and then have my boyfriend bring dungy in lol.

I cant wait for my white guy and deaf, blind, or whatever lol i am still gonna love him lol.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
As far as I know, if Dungy was blind or dead you/the breeder would already know.  I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think if it's going to happen it does within the first few weeks.  

You're right...white boxers are not rare!  We just don't see them a lot because they used to be culled.  I STILL have people I know talking about Lola...."the rare albino boxer".  Even after I've told them 1000 times SHE'S NOT RARE or ALBINO!!  Some people :roll:

Can't wait to see more of Dungy.....you're RARE white boxer!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Pet stores amaze me i can tell you that. we bought a turtle one time from a local place. come to find out they get sick turtles in and sell them. well our turtle died a day later (after i spent over 200smackers getting all the necessary aquatic items) i spent one whole saturday in the store and when people would come over and want to buy one i would tell them not to and why. needless to say they werent happy with me :D i still do it when i have time to, they change staff often so it is new people every time i go.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Lol. I agree with you guys they are not rare, they just aren't seen often. I like white boxers and our friend who owns a rescue has a three-legged white boxer named Sasha. Lol.

Chase

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
That tells you the ignorance of people, doesn't it? If anything white boxers are becoming more seen, partially due to breeding for flash, also if the white gene is in the line, chances are you will get a white pup sooner or later....Kudos to you fo rleaving the pet store cos of their selling practices, it's a shame more people don't realize that any pup that is sold at a pet store came from a puppy mill....Also, the ABC (american boxer club) states that whites should actually be sold for LESS, not more......

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I saw a 'breeder' website selling pups. 600 for brindle males 650 for brindle females, 1500 for the rare 'black' pups.
Uh....

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
southerngirls\";p=\"41701 said:
and you know some unknowing person is going to pay that much for one of them to!!
The same as the people who pay 2500+ at pet stores for their dogs, or the ones who pay just as much for a mix breed because it's cute, or the popular breed at the time.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yah, like the only reason im getting a white boxer, next to the fact that he is the cutest little guy in the world, is cause he is different though, i am all about different, if u saw my car u would understand.... i just fell for the blue eye and white body lol

AHHH 2 days and counting

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I guess if you can afford to throw away that kind of cash then more power to ya, but mixed breeds (not that there is anything wrong with them) being sold for such high prices or people selling RARE colors or breeds shouldnt be sold like that. they need love and people are just plain old greedy now-a-days

·
Registered
86 Posts
As another white boxer owner, I'd just like to add that I've experienced the same when telling people that my Roxy is white.  People always think that she must be deaf just cos she's white.  But then again people think that shes a bulldog/pitbull and god knows what else so it shows how dumb some people can be lol!!  :)  
As for the pricings, the breeder that we got Rox from had 2 white pups and 4 brindles and the whites were about

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
well you know i had to say something on this lol

this is Isis she is all white,2 blue eyes and yes DEAF..but we dont care..and you know people have NO  idea shes deaf unless i tell them...they adapt ..shes is just as normal as our lab..but uses her other senses more..shes remarkably smart and in tune with everything going on in the house..some people use extensive sign language..we dont wee just use cme here with a wave...and she sits..lays down..

if im not mistaken they arent born deaf...they go deaf at about 10 weeks.i may be wrong but i know its something along those lines..or maybe its only some..i dont know lol..
welcome to the forum and we cant wait to see pics whooo hoooo

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Very technically speaking, all puppies of any color are born deaf (and blind). :)  Their ears and eyes don't open until about 10-14 days after birth.  In deaf whites, cochlear degeneration (which results in deafness) occurs at about 3-4 weeks of age.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
:D ty ..i couldnt remember when ..i know ive heard everything from 2 weeks to 10 weeks...nice to finally have clearification..ty

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
OMGGGGGGGG i cannot count the number of times people have said those things to me. I always get "He will become deaf"
What???? Become deaf???? My Chance hears better than any other pet or person i have ever met. My brother in laws tell me all the time that he IS deaf..... I simply tell them he is NOT deaf he just chooses to ignore boxer ignorant people!!!! Good luck with your little white baby. I know i wouldnt trade mine for the world!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts