Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new on this forum. I have owned many boxers. This one is a bit different. For some reason when my fiance or I take Rocky out for a walk whenever he sees another dog he screams, doesnt bark, but screams at the other dog like they just murderd someone. lol...its really not funny but we cant stop him. no matter what we do. But off a leash ( inside a closed in area ) hes fine. Hes great with other dogs. But when he is on that leash he goes nuts and wants to attack the other dogs. Now Rocky is 75lbs. and my future mother in law had a little 15lbs. min pin ( nico ) who steals rockys food, his treats, he attacks rocky, and rocky doesnt do anything. Nico bullys rocky ( hes got little man syndrom )  Hes scared of nico. When Nico bites his mom rocky cries he gets so upset. he is great with dogs in the house and off the leash. i just cant understand why on a leash he goes nuts. And no one will walk with me at the park because rocky is so crazy and its so hard for me to take him. I need help!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
lol I dont mean to laugh, but my pug does it sometimes, and I can only imagine a boxer doing it. She does it when she's either startled by someone suddenly popping up at the window, or when my mom brings her dogs into our house. It's like a panicked or super excited noise.
I've noticed that when she gets to that point, It's nearly impossible to get her to stop. So redirecting him before he even gets to that level is the only thing that might help.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Does Rocky have a favorite toy? I saw this on "Its Me or The Dog" the other night where the dogs would freak out when they saw another dog. What the trainer did was take the favorite toy (it was a squeaky toy) and squeak it right in front of the dogs face when another animal was walking by and the dog paid attention to the toy and not the other dog and it helped calm it down. I know rocky is a bit big, but maybe you could approach the same way

1 - 3 of 3 Posts