Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Ferris figured out how to use the stairs.  At first he went up and would whine and cry cause he couldn't figure out how to get down.  I carried him down twice, but then the third time he went up I left him to fend for himself at the top.  I watched him figure out how to get down one step at a time.  It was freakin adorable.  If only he could figure out how to open my sliding doors to go pee or poop in the yard.  I guess that would be too easy.
Did it take long for any of your pups to figure out the stairs??

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
When I rescued Maddie she had no idea what stairs were. She followed me up without a problem. When I went downstairs she stood at the top whining and crying. I really thought I was going to have to carry a 62 pound boxer down the stairs.  8O  I finally resorted to putting pieces of cheese down one step at a time and she finally figured it out. Now I think she thinks the stairs are some sort of Indy race track!  :wink:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Tootsie, yup Buck & Tia had never seen stairs til we went to Ireland, took us all of 10 minutes, with Tia in the lead to figure it out and from then on, look out!

Give Ferris a little time, he's learning a ton of things all at once, a lot for a puppy to absorb, but he'll figure it out real soon. And yea wouldn't it be nice if they could go let themselves out huh?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts