Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm telling you, it's a slippery slope when you start to let those babies sleep up with you "the odd time"...  fast forward a week and Emmet and I are dangling off either side of the bed with a scrap of duvet each while they stretch out between us.  I reckon another month and we'll be on the floor in a sleeping bag while they carry on like this...

In other news, we finally got to the vet to weigh them on Saturday - Tink is 22.6kg (50lb) and Hector isn't far behind her at 20kg (44lb).

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yes, it looks to me that you might need to go out and buy two extra pillows and some blankets for you and Emmet to get comfy on the floor with.  :sleep:
Isn't it funny how they manage to push you closer to the edge in their sleep, yet if you try to budge them they are like cinderblocks!
Too funny.. :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
You know, I have to say...my husband does not allow the dogs on the bed. Not a chance. BUT...if he goes to work on the weekend, he puts them in the bed with me sometimes before he leaves and when it thunders, Brady is in bed with us and on occassion, hubby will let them stay on the bed with him if he's sleeping in and I am running errands or something.  Despite these occassions, they never try to get on the bed. Sure, they jump up to see us in the morning and if I am putting away clothes, they love to jump up there to play...but come nigh-nighs time...once they get over their need to play, they stay right on their own bed, no problems whatsoever! Makes it a little easier for me to say, ok, come on every now and then because I know it won't turn into a problem.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I gotta admit, I just don't get why any married (or otherwise committed) couple lets either dogs OR babies/children sleep in their bed with them.  Sheesh, it's hard enough to keep the romance alive without those kinds of distractions!

AnnA

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ok, what did you do with Hector? Eimear, he is growing soo much! I can't believe that is the same dog.....Well I got to tell ya Marq & I were just talking last nite about whether we should get a bigger bed(we have a queen now), tossed it around a bit, then I said, no, I don't think I want to do that..Marq responds with "why cos it will just give the dogs more room to take over?" EXACTLY!! I'm laughing like crazy at your description, sounds soo typical to me..Next thing you know Tink & Hector will have you both sleeping outside, while they rule the house! :rofl:

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Cute pictures!  Sure looks like they're planning a takeover!!  But they're so cute how can you say no!?!  I let Lola sleep in the bed on rare occasions, if I let her everynight I'd never get a good nights sleep!  I love to cuddle too, but when a 40lb dog is sleeping on your legs at 2am it can be a bit uncomfortable!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Once you give them a foot hold they do seem to take over.  

We are sleeping with Dixie, 80 lbs, Champ, 68 lbs, and their evil stepsister, Peanut the Cat, 12 lbs.  It does make getting a good nights sleep a little tough sometimes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Those are cute pics!
We have the same problem. Haylee curls up in a ball on my left side and lays there all night and it's kind of nice, but then there is Kaiser....well, he lays between us at night and is all over the place. One uf us usually wakes up with a paw somewhere it shouldn't be. We have a King size bed and I am thinking we need to get another one just for the dogs. Probably never should have started letting them sleep with us, but those eyes...just couldn't say no!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
It's become a game at our house to see who can get a place to lay down before Kane jumps in bed.  Doesn't really matter though, even in our king size bed, by morning, he's sprawled out from one end to the other and I'm usually at the bottom of the bed and my husband is hanging on to a few inches at the top with his feet sticking out the side.  I'd never have believed we could give our hearts and our bed to a dog lol.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
We tried that with Odin but he always ends up by our faces.

One night we had him at the foot of the bed and Sarah in between hubby and I woke up to go to the bathroom and Odin was up in between hubby and me and Sarah was at the foot of the bed!!!??? Not sure how he did that... if it wasn't 3am I probably would have been laughing hysterically.  :lol:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
LOL!  That is just too funny!  I have often thought of randomly allowing them up on the bed and this is ALL that has kept me from doing it! My hubby would not like that at all! :) I could easily fall for it, though...they are so sweet!

I just had to say that I can't believe how much yours look  like our puppies! Just bigger and more grown up...I hope our guys are that healthy and gorgeous at that size...how old are they?

Here are ours...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Oh my goodness Jeanene I LOVE that picture!  They're so cute and it looks like you had them pose just for the picture (did you? :lol: )!  Just had to tell you...that's one of my favorite pictures I've seen!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I'm with Alicia on this one!??? If you didn't pose them which is what I'm thinking... cuz' its hard to get Odin to sit still and you have 2... you must've been SOOOO excited to get that pic!??

·
Registered
270 Posts
There is a reason that I have an oversized King bed!  haha those pictures are too cute!  Looks very similar to my sleeping situation!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oh my gosh, all of those babies are just too cute! Macy sleeps with me before my boyfriend comes to bed and she gets kicked out (not literally) onto her own bed. I guess she peed the bed the other night when she was up there with me so now she has been banned from the bed for a while.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts