Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all this discussion about pits, and children being killed by pits, I was reminded of this video. Now you tell me, after watching this video who's at fault? The dog or the owner? I know we all know the answer, now if we can just educate the higher ups that make the bans and laws against this breed and other bully breeds, including the boxer.
BTW, get the kleenex ready. I needed them!  :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmwaHMzgrKk

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I have seen that video & yea, you do need the kleenex....It is very obvious who's at fault... Pitts, as well as Rotties and the other "bully breeds" are as bad or as good as their owner...Yes, there are certain things that are bred into them, but least we forget, boxers were originally bullbaiters...My ex had a Pitt who was a 120 lb cream puff. He also had a Macaw and that darn bird ruled the roost, literally..Whatever the bird wanted, the dog did!!! So, it's all in the way the dog is brought up.. We all know it would be very easy to do the same to boxers, god help us, but it could happen... Samson has the marks on him to prove that. We believe his first owner tried to use him for fighting, but it just wasn't in the loveable guy....He has chain marks on his legs, old puncture wounds, you name it....And he is the gentlest animal you will ever meet.....
OK, Tootsie, you got me started...all your fault,,Lol....

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
samsonsmom\";p=\"2498 said:
Samson has the marks on him to prove that. We believe his first owner tried to use him for fighting, but it just wasn't in the loveable guy....He has chain marks on his legs, old puncture wounds, you name it....And he is the gentlest animal you will ever meet.....
OK, Tootsie, you got me started...all your fault,,Lol....
Sorry :cry: .... With all the chat about pits lately I was reminded of that video. Just kills me the way some people just use these dogs as fighters. I just read in the paper that they arrested some guy for having a pit fighting ring. I don't remember how many dogs they are going to have to euthanize because they were raised this way. It really pisses me off when these people use other breeds, such as the boxer, as bait dogs. I hope that is not what happened to Samson. Okay, I'll get off my soap box now. I could go on and on, but I think the video really says it all in a very powerful way. :wink:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
i was watching when animals attack a few months ago... and it made me so angry when a pitt bull attacked a parks police woman because the owner told it to... and they have it all on tape... the woman was obviously at fault and trained her dog to attack people...

and ive been attacked by a pitt bull before... i will admit that some scare me because of it...

there was a pitt bull in my building who i love though... his owner is great and the dog is great too...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I wasnt able to load the video and Im somewhat glad lol I know all to well about Pitbulls! Ive grown up with them and none of them were mean or vicious! I just cant stand when your in a petstore(personal experience) and see people walking the other way or making rude comments when they see a pit! It aggravates me for some reason! They have even done it to me when I had Roxy it PetsMart and she was only 3 months old at the time! I just laughed in the old mans face and followed him around while Roxy played with all the other dogs hahaha Go figure he had a LABRADOODLE!!!!!!!! :twisted: PS he went on and on to someone next to him on how Boxers are just sooo mean that they shouldnt be aloud in petstores!!!!!!!!!!! The guy he was talking to just rolled his eyes and walked away

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
We almost got a pit a few years ago, until my husband realized how small they are.  He wanted a "big" dog.  But I have never met a pit I didn't love!  Also, does anybody remeber The Little Rascals tv show?  Petey was a pit bull!
I have little patience for stupid people!
Z

·
Registered
25 Posts
we have a lot of pit bulls in northern ireland and im sorry to say they get very bad press here . i know of some lovely ones owned by responsible owners unfortunatly there are ones owned by ignorant idiots who use them in fights and call it sport  also ppl here own them to make them selves look hard i personally think those sort of ppl should be shot . a dog is only as good as it brought up and taught to be by this imean if its loved and treated well it will be a brill dog or if its treated badly it will react badly

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
[quote="spludgie\";p=\"2592":1zpdn0dp]we have a lot of pit bulls in northern ireland and im sorry to say they get very bad press here . i know of some lovely ones owned by responsible owners unfortunatly there are ones owned by ignorant idiots who use them in fights and call it sport

·
Registered
4 Posts
My ex had a pit bull and I loved that dog so much. She actually saved my life and I will be forever grateful to her and her breed. I have grown up with all the "worst" breeds Pits, Rots, Dobies. I have never had anything but love from any of them. The only time I have ever come close to being attacked by a dog it was a black lab. Someone had it tied up in their truck and it lunged at me as I walked past it if his owner wouldnt have been there to tackle it I would have been in a whole lot of trouble. It makes me sick to see people abuse any breed. All any of them want to do is be loved and accepted by their "pack"!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
little dogs can be just as dangerous as a large dog . my neighbour a few doors away is frightened of my three very gentle boxers . but to tell the truth she has a small pomerian cross and it is a nasty piece of work all due to the fact that her son teases the poor animal 24/7 i have told her this on many occassions and so has my other neighbours to no avail i just hope she takes hed before a child is biten possibly her own . thank heaven she does not own a pit bull if this is hw she lets her son treat asmall animal  :twisted:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts