Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I am not a fan of the Valley Bulldog phenomena the Bulldogs I have come across owners have told me they are difficult to train have a lot of health issues so I don't see the benefit of a cross with a boxer that doesn't make sense and it seems these dogs could be exploited as some of the other bully breeds are for fighting so just not liking the whole idea I have seen some of them one just recently.
I am not a fan of the Valley Bulldog phenomena the Bulldogs I have come across owners have told me they are difficult to train have a lot of health issues so I don't see the benefit of a cross with a boxer that doesn't make sense and it seems these dogs could be exploited as some of the other bully breeds are for fighting so just not liking the whole idea I have seen some of them one just recently.
Well ... there is also the Alpha Blue Nose Bull Dog.

Alapaha Blue-Blood Bulldog Breed Information

There is no shortage of "variations" on the English Bulldog?? And I do believe most of them tend to hail from the "Old South??? And most likely the "South," is where today's, American Line Boxer's came from originally??

As the original, "Dog's of War," came from the European Theater. So it would make sense that they came to the South first?? And yeah there is no doubt that today's modern English Bull Dog has uh no shortage of health issue's??

But you have to know your history and if it were not for the Bull Dog, we would not have the Boxer, as we know them today!

:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_(dog)

They both come from the Molosser group. Without the Bull Dog and the Mastiff a lot of Breed's would not exist today?? And a true English Bull Dog and a Boxer?? Would be what (I consider) a "Band Dawg."

https://animalso.com/breeds/american-bandogge/

Which is not so much a "Breed," as it is a "job description." The very rare exception being the ... "Dogo Argentino," which was recently recognized as a "Breed," by the AKC. And the Dogo's ... have Boxer breed into them. And that was done for the "Boxer's Gental Nature." And to ensure they are good with there family ... in any case.

But in "Molosser World," there is no shortage of mixing and matching?? But generally speaking they don't tend to use Boxer's as a rule?? As according to Midguard Mastiff's, for one Boxer's have two short coming's ... there feet are two small and they are too uh ... "Goofy!" :)

But an English Bulldog and a Boxer cross?? I don't know not much call for that?? I have never seen one?? But I would imagine a good natured dog that would be good with family?? And I would think it would look a like a Miniuture Bull Mastiff??

But in Bull Dog world ... you have also the Scott Type ( very pit looking) and the Johnson Type American Bull Dog's. And the Johnson type ... tend to look like Boxer's on steroid's?? We have one in Dayton and I tracked the owner down. It's a small town. And she said no's "she" is not a "Boxer." She's an American Bull Dog. I was stunned as she looked a whole lot my "Struddell," if Struddell weighted a 100 plus pound's. :chef:

But yeah Bull Dog's are/can be hard to train. If you take a look at Doggy IQ chart's. Which is a measure of "bid-ability actually. (How long to do you have to repeat the command before the dog get's it.

And the lower the number the better ... Poodle's, tend to be number one and GSD's tend to be number three. Boxer's and Mal's are closer to 25 to 30 and Bull Dog's?? LOL on a scale of 1 to 100 Bull Dog's are at the bottom! A solid 100 right there ... ie they say, ""I don't really give a crap what you want."

But hey English Bull Dog's do seem to luv skate boarding???

:clap:

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I have seen for sale recently miniature boxers as well boxer/boston terrier don't understand why do that either!
LOL as it happens, I had just read a pretty good article on ... "Miniature Boxer's!"

And it did clearly describe them as a "Boston Terrier and Boxer," mix. So you know technically it's not either. And as long "buyer's," understand that ... it's all good. In the "Designer Dog World," a "Miniature Boxer," (if they stick with that name??) Could be a much, "tighter," version of the "Doddle Fad."

These day's there are "Doddle" this and "Doddle," that, and there is no standard?? The original, "creator of the breed," had his reason and now seeing what he has wrought, regret's ever doing it.

Pretty much no chance the "Doddle," will ever be, "standardized,enough" to get AKC, registered?? But the "Miniature Boxer," just might??

As to why do that?? Well in part cuz people like different. And some decided, that a Boston Terrier is to small and a Boxer is to big??? But hey if I combined the two ... it would be perfect!?

Heck the "Van Johnson American Bull Dog and the Scott Type American Bull Dog, came about because Johnson and Scott, got ticked off at each other and decided, that the other's version of the "Prefect American Bull Dog," sucked and they could do, better on there own! Well I guess they were both right, way back when cuz now we have both! :)

But the, Miniature Boxer, is most likely, merely someone's idea of the perfect "Smaller," family pet ... that look's like a Boxer?? Most likely no deeper meaning than that???

·
Registered
1 Posts
To be honest, I've never heard of this breed before. Judging by the photos from Google, the puppies of this breed are very cute. I also learned that this is a very loyal, strong and funny dog. Who is the owner of such a dog? Can you tell us something about this breed that is not available in Google? I think to look for information about this breed on the website BullDogPapa.com - All about bulldogs! and if I find something interesting, I will definitely share the information in this topic. I am sure that this breed has some distinctive features that distinguish it from other bulldogs, it is only necessary to search a little. Well, I'll also look forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Well to be honest all of the squishy faced dog's are cute especially as puppies. We be more than happy to help out with the general puppy/dog training stuff.

But to answer your specific question in this version of the Bull Dog?? You might have better luck with one of these sites???

I know nothing of any of those sites but that is where I would start. :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts