Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I gotta admit, one of the things that made me fall in love with this breed before I even met one was hearing about, then seeing on YouTube, Boxers doing the WooWoo.  Being hearing-impaired, I don't have a lot of people I can talk to, so it would be a real kick if I could "talk" to Atticus and be talked back to. ;-)  I know not all of them do it, so I wasn't counting on it from our pup, but out of the blue, his second day with us, he let out two lonnnnng WOOOOOOOOOOs!  I was SO excited!!!!  

That was eight days ago and he hasn't done it since!  I keep wooing in the poor guy's face trying to elicit another but he just looks at me like I'm nuts.  I guess what I'm here to ask is.... is there any way to encourage the woo-wooing?  If he did it once, is it likely he WILL be a woo-woo-er, or could it have just been a fluke?  And is the WooWoo are rare-ish sort of thing in all of them - i.e., do they only do it under special circumstances? (One of the YouTube Boxers was Woo-Wooing at a siren, for instance.)

I know this is kind of frivolous, but god I love that WOOOOoooooo!

AnnA

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I love it too!!! And, I miss it.  :(  My previous boxer boy used to do it all the time. We used to have woo woo conversations. Maddie doesn't woo woo at all. I am forever trying to get her to do it. I guess she just isn't vocal at all. The fact that Atticus did it once already is a good sign!  :)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I think if he did it once he may do it again.  I remember the first time Fiona did the woo-woo and it was so cute.  She was about 3 months old.  

Now she is 5 months and still does it.  It is mainly when we are playing, that she will.  If I Woo-Woo back at her, she will stop doing it though.  :roll:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sharonL\";p=\"18299 said:
If I Woo-Woo back at her, she will stop doing it though.  :roll:
Okay, good info.  I will try  to SHUT UP!  

AnnA

P.S.  Our last remaing goldfish is named Fiona.  Her mate was Fabio.  He succumbed along with Felton, F(ph)il, Francois, and Fellatio (the lone, and aptly named, sucker fish).

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah does it sometimes when we are playing too; I never know when she is going to do it.  If I WooWoo back, sometimes she will do it again and often she stops too!  I try not to WooWoo back just play with her and keep her excited.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I had no idea how funny Woo Woo's where as I had never had a boxer that did that till Angel, that girl is soo vocal... :) She doesn't do it for me, but boy Marq can sure get her going! So, if Atticus has done it once, chances are, he will do it again...They are a riot, aren't they?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Odin seems to only do it if he's frustrated!?  Well that's how I think of it anyway... it's normally during play or if we continuously tell him "No." Then I feel he uses it to give us LIP but because it's so cute and funny we can't be mad for him talking back to us. LOL

It's not an everyday accurance though.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Macy does it any time I pet Guido are talk to him. I think she has jealousy issues.

When she does it, it's absolutely hilarious. I can't help but laugh.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Teaki does it but usually only when she is really wound up or when she is being told no, then she just does it to talk back to us.  It is so special with this breed, we love it when they do it.  So far Ziggi hasn't done it, he sounds like a hound dog when he tries to copy Teaki which is hilarious.  So I am sure yours will do it again, they just do things in their own time!  :D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
hehe i have some funny pictures of Tink arguing with me about getting into the bath tub. She is wayyy too vocal lol

Her

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Those picture are too funny; you can just see the "I don't want to" look in the first picture.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
:lol: she goes on for about 10 minutes, then she'll jump right into the tub. But once in a while she'll howl at me in the tub. lol its hilarious

·
Registered
316 Posts
I was telling DH about the woo woo, that boxers are known for their vocalizations.  He didn't know what I was talking about.   THen last night I was eating some cheese puffs and Ginsy went to town fussing at me for not sharing with her.

LOL  It was hilarious and DH thought it was a crack up!!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Neither Savannah or Reese woo-woo's- i think it is adorable but they are so quiet!! I have only heard reese bark 2 times since i got her, and Savannah whinned once when reese took the rubber chicken away from her :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts