Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past week I have been speaking with a breeder about adopting a neutered 1 yr old male boxer who was released back by its owner. I went and picked up my love bug on sunday and would like to introduce everyone to the newest addition....Mr. Samson!! I came to find out about my new baby from Heather (Hannabanana) and he is actually a half sibling to Hanna....so that means he is 100% European :)  He has the biggest feet on the planet...well in comparison to my girls. So far he has been the best man, and the biggest wiggly butt. The girls and him are getting along WONDERFULLY. He has soooo much energy compared to the girls and has already managed to try and dumpster dive in the trash can :) Here is my beautiful new boy....

I love samson mom :)

Samson has already taken over the couch

Pic of the gang-Savannah looked away at the most important second

Profile shot

I like sleeping with my tongue out

the gang after a evening full of fun and play

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Awhhh yay!! Was looking for this post earlier thinking I missed it some how!! I love his coloring!! And he's just the mac-daddy of the group now... handsome boy with 2 gorgeous girlies!! :wink:

How awesome!

G

·
0 Posts
wow, congrats..I wish my hubby would let me get a third!  lol..he's very handsome! and those feet look gigantic

G

·
0 Posts
how does that work..do the breeders charge a lot of money for the dogs that are released back to them?  Is it more cost effective? I've always wondered that

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
andrea, he is gorgeous!!!! he is very lucky to found a forever home with you and your girls! your daughter looks sooo happy!! cant' wait to see more pics of him and here all the stories!!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wow he's extremely gorgeous!  :D You sure have a great looking pack of boxers, they are all beautiful....I can't wait to get a buddy for Gaby :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! i am so very happy and excited :) I couldnt sleep this past week, and it has been soooo hard keeping my mouth shut til i was sure everything was done. Here are a few more pics.

Jamie- as for the owner surrender i honestly dont know how everything works between the breeder and the orignial owner. I know in this particular case the Samson was released back b/c the orginial owner was pregnant and decided against keeping him. She stated that he had urinary issues and would pee in the house all the time every day. After speaking with his breeder and having her watch him over the past week while he was there and him being home 2 days now he has not had any accidents in either home. both his breeder and myself agree that he more than likely was getting distracted when urinating and would stop then come inside and end up finishing. I imagine every breeder is different on how they handle taking a puppy back.  Lucky for me i am not married and my bf has no say....though us taking samson in made his day b/c it brought another male into the home :lol:

samson sleeping

running in the yard

his paw compared to Savannah's paw!  8O

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Samson is gorgeous!
Looks like it didn't take him long to make his self at home!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Jamie -  We have contracts with the breeder.  In our contract it specifically states that if you can not longer care for the dog then you are to contact the breeder and she will take them back and then place them in another home.   This guards against the origional owner placing the dog in the wrong hands.   All contracts also specifically state that the dog has to be spayed or neutered.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
WOW... congrats he looks like hes getting a long great with the girls...

G

·
0 Posts
well, what I was wondering basically is down the line after these two are gone...so like 10+ years I pray...it seems like it would be a good place to look...breeders who had dogs surrendered, especially if you wanted a well bred dog that I would imagine would cost less up front than a brand new puppy.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
breeders who had dogs surrendered, especially if you wanted a well bred dog that I would imagine would cost less up front than a brand new puppy.
It does not happen to often because most of the times the screen potential homes, however on occasion people's situations can change.  However there are many of instances like a pup that is being held pending evaluation.  Sometimes the breeder will decide he is not show quality then find a pet home for him.  So yes, certain things can happen,and you can get a health tested older pup, and most of the times the cost of a good home exceeds any monitary value!     Thats why if you are looking its better to start to establish relationship with good breeders.  This way shall something come up, they can let you know.   Its not a situation a breeder will want (a surrender) however if they take the dog back then to me, its says something about them and their responsibility to stand by what they produce.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Andrea, he is gorgeous!  :D  That pic of Ciara and him is definitely one to frame. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts