Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've noticed this before, but never put much thought to it.  when we visit my mom's house...my dogs act different.  Usually Bo is the untrustworthy one with the housebreaking and Jetta does great...well...at my mom's Bo has never had an accident...and Jetta has at least one pee accident every single time, two today.  We have a bell there for her and she has used it, so she can ask.  Then...before Bo got fixed...every time we went to my mom's house, he HAD to hump Jetta...but he NEVER would do it at home...very strange.  They also tend to be more cuddly and more attention seeking over there....would there be a reason why they would act so different at her house as opposed to ours?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Maybe 'pack leader' changes? Maybe the different smells? No clue really... though I do know dogs sometimes act differently when in a different environment. Normally training fixes that.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
When we went to visit my parents last weekend Maple acted a bit wilder than she does at home, she was trying to snatch up everything and anything, it was kind of like day one at our house.  We figured that since it was a different environment she was probably testing to see what she can get away with, perhaps that's what they are doing, seeing where the boundries are since the surroundings are different they may think treatment will be as well?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I was gonna say that perhaps they get away with more when they are there or don't have as many "rules" or something so then their is some change in the "pack" dynamics?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I would agree with everyone else, its a different environment and they are not sure of the rules.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Same w/ dungy... dungy is more out of control at my parents and is an angel when w/ me

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
My own children were the same way when they were little and we went to Grandma's house!  They can smell a change in leadership a mile away!  :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts