Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Addison seems to have thin coat. Her spots are visible. While i think it is beautiful, i wonder if any of you has babies with the same short coat? Any factors aside from possibly genetics that may have caused this? She doesnt have any allergies nor shedding a whole lot
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do Addison's parents have short coat? Many Boxers I saw have short but thick fur, so Addison's skin may be caused by genetics.
I havent seen them since shes a rescue.ive seen a friend's white boxer and she has a thicker coat. Possibly genetics or could be the low quality food she was on for a long time. I just got her 1st of dec and were now slowly switching to royal canin which she loves.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I havent seen them since shes a rescue.ive seen a friend's white boxer and she has a thicker coat. Possibly genetics or could be the low quality food she was on for a long time. I just got her 1st of dec and were now slowly switching to royal canin which she loves.
Would definitely say part of it was whatever she went through before you got her. She wasn't in the best shape. You are doing a great job.

I know with Zuke, the white on his chest, you can faintly see some spots.

I'm guessing her coat should get thicker on the top and sides as time goes on. Pretty sure Chip and snowsmom could answer too. They have/had white boxers.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Yep ... she looks fine to me?? Just like my Struddell in fact and Snow's Mom and Gypsy's Mom ( I think she is?)

And a few others Americal Line Boxers ... kinda smallish and tiny waist and big chest. And the spots seem to show more as they mature, kinda "Dalmatian" like actually.

But no scratching itching or Sunburn, she looks good. As for shedding ... LOL if you were black clothes or have a cloth black interior in your car ... you might think otherwise on that one but the shedding is "nothing" like a GSD .... the fur the fur!!:crazyeye:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My father has a white Boxer, and you can also see the spots on her chest and belly.

They have become more visible as she's gotten older and her coat has become thinner, but I have noticed a lot of differences in coats between fawn/red, brindle & white Boxers. I have two red Boxers and the oldest is "flashy" with a large white chest - I can see his chest and belly spots really clearly.

Your white Boxer baby is gorgeous! Love that little belly with all those spots.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I really don't think it is an "issue," to be solved?? I think it comes with age for the most part?? I think it becomes more "noticeable," around the five or six year old mark??? The "white's," also don't do the greying muzzle bit with age either ... sigh so they always look the same?? So that they are getting older ... kinda sneaks up on you ....

But hey we have more than a few "White Dog's," on here so maybe other's will chime in??? :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
i would agree with chip. my "whitey" has showed his spots more and more as he aged. has quite a few showing now on chest and belly. he's a little past 10 1/2 yo. definitely getting older snuck up on me... but that happened not only with him and also my other reverse brindle (just about 12 yo), even with all the greying he has done. i still see them both as the little pups i brought home at 8 weeks old, only bigger, if ya know what i mean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts