Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has been straining to pee and there is lots of blood in her pee. She has also been going more frequently (every 5-10 minutes) She is really sleepy too  :(  I hope its just another UTI so she can just take medication and have it clear up. We are off to the vet in about an hour so fingers crossed that its nothing serious.

How common is it for a pup to have a UTI, have it completely clear up and then 2 weeks later have another one?  What else could it possibly be other than urinary track? I googled it and it came back it could affect the kidneys??

Poor little girl, seems there's always something.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
When Chloe was a puppy we were always battling UTI's , I swear she would just get over one and end up with another. I finally ended up putting Chloe on cranberry pills and that was the end of them. Maybe ask the vet to try a different antibiotic this time? Sending get better vibes to Sadie girl and Chloe sends her kisses.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sorry to hear that Sadie's having problems and hope it's something that can be cleared up quickly.  Cranberry juice works well in humans for UTI's and so Shari's suggestion is probably a good one, plus she has the experience to back it up.  Hope to hear that everything is okay or that you can give her antibiotics and clear it up really quick.  Give Sadie some big hugs from all of us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts