Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me yes :lol:

When we got home Maggie went to the door wanting to go out.  I figured she just wanted to play and I need to go to bed but was on here for a few minutes.  Before we left my work around 8am, she had a pee and poop.  

Well I go walking upstairs to get Maggie and crawl into bed.  But uhhh Maggie needs a bath.  She pooped in the hallway and then knew she did wrong because she started smearing it in efforts to hide it.  As soon as I saw it all I said was "oh boy." and so quietly under my breath because I know better not to reprimand her when it's my fault since I didn't catch her nor did I take her out.  But she ran and stood in a corner because she knew it was wrong (not sure why she went into the corner though :lol  since we don't do corner time outs with fur kids and we don't spank any kids).  

This is a sign... right?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
do you do corner time outs with your skin kids? If so maybe she knows that when they do something wrong they have to go to the corner and she figures that is what she is supposed to do when she does something wrong. Just a guess

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Its a sign that shes on her way to being well trained!!!  Keep up the good work Mom!!!  I'm proud of you!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tami, I don't do corner time out with the older ones.  One sits against the back door in the back foyer and the other has to sit on the bottom stair.  It was so funny seeing her punish herself though.  But when I climbed into bed I took her with me since she had such a hard night and she was doing those shaky things that dogs do.  I gave her a neck rub and it calmed her right down.  She must of really felt bad.

Thanks Liz.  I'll be so happy once she's fully trained.  I can say she's fully crate train now that I've saw her open the door of the crate with her teeth so that she could go in and lay down.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The shaking your referring to is out of fear.  Next time I want you to talk to her calmly to let her know your not angry with her and change your body language to calm assertive.

Let me know how everything is going...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I did.  Kept telling her I loved her and wasn't mad and that she's a good girl.  I was falling asleep so my body language was pretty calm lol.  Then on top of that with the massaging she settled down pretty quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts