Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the f#$%!! is this i got this on my email this am?!!! it also lists a petion to get this a hole!!

Hi All,

thi s i s a very s eriou s matter...
In 2007, the 'arti s t' Guillermo Varga s Habacuc, took a dog from the s treet, he tied him to a rope in an art gallery, s tarving him to death.
For s everal day s , the 'arti s t' and the vi s itor s of the exhibition have watched emotionle s s the

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Its going around work too.  I would have thought it was a joke but our art teacher said no.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I say they tie him up and let him starve to death and call it art.  Better yet, feed him to the starving dog and call it art.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
That's sick. This isn't art its cruelty!
I'm assuming that law enforcement does not care about animal cruelty down there.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Ive actually been reading a lot about this and there are actually conflicting stories. One is the above stated story and the other is that the dog did not starve to death he was released. It is disturbing nonetheless but i do hope they let him go. What made this installation even more disturbing for me is that the dog was tied just out of reach of dogfood (kibbles) that the artist had organized in a design to spell some word.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Y'all excuse me, I'm gonna be very un-Christian.

That sick b__tard needs to burn in hell! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

G

·
0 Posts
:evil:

That is just wrong.

I am an art teacher and in all my years of schooling I have never heard of anything so aweful and downright infuriating.  That is NOT art...  I have seen some crap people have made and called it art.  Puh-lease...   I call it...  you have no real talent so you make up something.  

I am not a fan of all the "this piece of string glued to this board has "meaning" crap"    :roll:

That so called "artist" needs to be tied up just outside of his reach from food and water and let people come look at him.

:protest:

·
Registered
165 Posts
This is ridiculous.  Have any of you guys seen the video of the US soldier throwing a puppy off of a cliff?  It's on youtube.  IMO these people deserve to be chained up and starved and thrown off of a cliff themselves.

G

·
0 Posts
divajulia\";p=\"112057 said:
I'm an artist myself. I've taken "controversial" pictures. Having said that, ANIMAL CRUELY IS NOT AN ARTFORM!! Normally, we look upon that type of behavior as a sign of deepseated psychological depravity. Calling it "art" doesn't change that.
I have seen many controversial photographs.  Especially in my photography class...   the teacher wanted us to experience a lot.  BUT there is a huge difference between controversial and just plain messed up in the head and hateful.  

So I'm with you Julia.   Don't call it "art" and think its ok.  He needs to be mentally evaluated.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am not sure how animal cruelty and art can be one used in the same sentence.......?  This is disturbing, disgusting, and unacceptable for anyone to claim such a horrific act as art.   :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

·
Registered
358 Posts
If the dog died or not, just the fact that he was allowed to cause the dog so much suffering is absolutely appalling and only one word can really describe him.......SICK!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sadly it's become front page news, I saw this on my mailing list, I believe it's in NY? What will people do next?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what is reallt pathetic is the people standing in the background!! what the hell lets just have our party!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I just want to clarify that i wasnt defending this 'art' but just wanted to let everyone know all the facts and sides. I agree either way this is not art and it was a horrible thing to do to an animal.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Whether the entire story is true or not, it is a very upsetting thing to do or even have going around saying it is being done. I do want to point out though that even though we ALL want to do our part in stopping things, unfortunatley online petitions are not accepted in court, so even if this is signed online by thousands of people it wont matter in the courts eyes. I hope for the sake of animals this story is not true.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts